Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Nap Time

I had just laid THomas down for his morning nap (he had fallen asleep in my arms and so I KNOW that he was already asleep). I came out into the living room to pick up his toys and not even two minutes later I heard giggling and clinking sounds coming from his room. When I went to check on him this is what I found.... THomas was playing hoops and was so excited. My only question is how could he have been so grumpy only minutes before and now have been completely awake and rejuvenated? It must of been the two minute power nap! Thomas just makes us laugh all of the time. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning of our funny adventures with our sweet active little man!
We took Thomas to the Doctor on Monday for his 6 month (even though he is now 7 months) appointment and he is...
16.12 lbs which is about the 50 %
28 inches long which is about the 90 %
We live in an apartment complex that has quite a few Korean families. Most of them are young families with one or two children and the fathers are attending school at BYU-I. A lot of them go to the ward that Daniel and I are in and we are getting to know them slowly. It is really hard for me to remember their names because they all sound the same and are so unfamiliar to me, but we live next door to Jong and He Sook and have been able to talk to them a little bit (even though I don't know if we really understand each other most of the time). This last Saturday we went to our ward Christmas breakfast and Jong waved to us to come and sit at the table with his little family. We set our coats down and while we went to get our food the table filled up with the rest of the Koreans (they tend to gather together) and we were able to sit and eat with them. They spoke in Korean most of the time to each other and we of course didn't understand, but occasionally they would ask how old Thomas was and then say things like, "Oh BIG, BIG like his dad. Americans BIG" and "He tall only 6 months, he tall like his dad". We just laughed and said "yes" because I am sure that Daniel being 6'3" is huge to them and Thomas probably will be tall. His hands and feet are already so big so we will just have to see, we just know that we LOVE him just the way that he is and we are glad that he is healthy and strong!

-Now I know that I shouldn't of laid him down with his hoop in his crib...I just had forgotten to take it off after our game early in the morning. And I can't get a picture to download (our internet isn't the best quality) so you will just have to picture his cute smiling face looking up at me while he is slobbering and hanging on his hoop!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I remember sleeping time adventures. Just wait until he starts smuggling toys into his jammies so that he has something else to play with when you put him in bed. And then when they learn to take their jammies off, and you find them naked...oh fun. and i can't believe how much thomas looks like you! so flippin cute!

Chris and Jordan said...

You are so smart to start having him put himself to sleep when he's still so little. I just barely started doing that with Teagen a couple weeks ago and it was rough for a few nights! I love reading your blog, it's so cute!

Aubrey said...

SADIE!! We're leaving here in a half hour (Monday morning) to come home for the holidays! We hear there is a big storm coming today; I hope we make it to Rexburg. I would love to get together with you guys, but I wanted to drop you a quick note because I don't know if you still have my number. Just in case, it's 714-944-9732. See you soon hopefully~!

Kaylie said...

Sadie,

Your baby is really cute! I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

Kaylie