Ever since Thomas can sit up night time has become a nightmare. He wasn't ever a good sleeper but it has only gotten worse... imagine that! In the past week he has learned to pull himself up into the standing position. We finally had to lower the crib all of the way so he can't fall out. Putting him down and letting him fall asleep on his own is out of the question because he gets so excited to be standing and wont let himself fall asleep. One night he was sitting up "playing" and he was falling asleep sitting up because he wouldn't give in and just lay down. His head was bobbing and it would wake him up and make him mad. eventually he just laid down on his lap and fell asleep. It was so funny to watch we tried to tape it but it was too dark to see. This picture above is of a night that we heard him playing and playing and after about 45 min of checking on him we found him with his jammies unsnapped( how his chubby hands learned to undo all of his snaps remains a mystery) and his chubby little legs hanging out and he was just playing with one of Daniel's belts that was hung over his crib. ( I have tried to tell Daniel the crib isn't a clothes rack.... looks like he listened!) I knew that when I had a child that sleep wouldn't be the same as it used to... but I never knew it would be quite like this! Even though I miss sleeping when I want to sleep and sleeping in the night.... I couldn't wake up to a cuter face then his! As soon as he flashes that bright eyed smile at me all of my grumpy thoughts go away!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sleeping = exercise
Ever since Thomas can sit up night time has become a nightmare. He wasn't ever a good sleeper but it has only gotten worse... imagine that! In the past week he has learned to pull himself up into the standing position. We finally had to lower the crib all of the way so he can't fall out. Putting him down and letting him fall asleep on his own is out of the question because he gets so excited to be standing and wont let himself fall asleep. One night he was sitting up "playing" and he was falling asleep sitting up because he wouldn't give in and just lay down. His head was bobbing and it would wake him up and make him mad. eventually he just laid down on his lap and fell asleep. It was so funny to watch we tried to tape it but it was too dark to see. This picture above is of a night that we heard him playing and playing and after about 45 min of checking on him we found him with his jammies unsnapped( how his chubby hands learned to undo all of his snaps remains a mystery) and his chubby little legs hanging out and he was just playing with one of Daniel's belts that was hung over his crib. ( I have tried to tell Daniel the crib isn't a clothes rack.... looks like he listened!) I knew that when I had a child that sleep wouldn't be the same as it used to... but I never knew it would be quite like this! Even though I miss sleeping when I want to sleep and sleeping in the night.... I couldn't wake up to a cuter face then his! As soon as he flashes that bright eyed smile at me all of my grumpy thoughts go away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I hear ya Sadie! Sleeping isn't the inherent right that I used to think it was! It's so hard to have bad sleepers isn't it? OH well I'm just glad I have a happy baby who is a good eater!
Hey you live at Madison Park? That's great! We used to live there too...I saw your address and it rang a bell. Took me a minute to figure out why. We are coming to Rexburg next Monday (woohoo!!!) I can't wait for snow and cold weather! I would love to get together. Do you have the same phone number?
the drool makes the picture very authentic.
Oh yeah and I remember those nights. Audree is almost two and she still has a hard time sleeping some nights. At least it's not as bad though. But it's true, when you get out of bed you are really grumpy, but as soon as you see that cute little face that's so excited to see you it's hard to be mad at them. I think kids know that somehow because sometimes I feel like Audree takes advantage to that. :)
Post a Comment