Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Sissy

This is my sissy ALISA.  Some of you may know just how COOL she is, but for those of you who don't know her let me introduce you.  





Alisa is very SMART....SMRT and one of the best teachers that I know.  I someday hope to be half the teacher that she is.  She is tough and she always says all the right things.  
Alisa has great tastes in general.  Growing up I couldn't always say this because she tried to be uniquely funky with her style but it just came out as horribly mismatching in every way.  Don't worry folks she has blossomed (thanks Grandma Dunn) and now has impeccable tastes.  I also think it is fair to say that we share the same favorite store... ANTHROPOLOGIE.   Alisa loves loves loves shoes... 

Alisa and I growing up (and still) are very very different.  But thats what makes us get along so well because she definitely picks up my slack.  
Alisa LOVES to read.  She reads really really fast and she always has a book in her bag.
Alisa likes adventure and to be outdoors.  As a hobby not a lifestyle!  

Alisa has beautiful freckles and the longest eyelashes ever that curl perfectly.  
Alisa has a great sense of humor even if she likes to torment certain little brothers, but who doesn't?
Alisa likes to craft and create, but she isn't obsessed she just likes beautiful things!



                                                     NYC

                                           San Francisco





Alisa knows how to think in a crisis.  This is one of the number one reasons that I LOVE my sister.  She isn't emotional and so when crunch time hits she just digs in and gets dirty and does what needs to be done.  For example she came with us to dinner tonight at Bajio's.  Which have I ever mentioned that I LOVE.... well I do even if that is besides the point.  So we were eating our fabulous green chile stuffed quesedillas and enjoying one another's company when Thomas started coughing right after putting some yummy rice in his mouth.    This caused him to gag and in turn throw up everything he had just eaten.  I am embarrassed and don't know where to begin cleaning.  Should I clean up the table and then take Thomas to the restroom, or should I take Thomas to the restroom and clean him up and then come out and tackle the table.  It was about this time that I feel my throat get all tight and tears welling up in my eyes (remember I am the emotional one in the family) when I realize Alisa was forcing napkins into my hands and then whisking Thomas away to the bathroom.  She is so level headed and doesn't even blink an eye. She is the person I decide to always have with me in a crisis from now on.  


THANKS ALISA for being my life saver tonight, it was messy and smelly but that didn't stop you.  I think that you are pretty COOL and I feel pretty lucky to be your little sis.  


xoxo

4 comments:

Liz said...

Awesome! What a great sissy. Morgan still coughs and gags on her food. Strange. Maybe it's genetic?

Kendra said...

Yep, Alisa has helped me more times than I can count, and it always involves WORK. She doesn't shirk (name that hymn) it in any way. Thanks, Alisa. I love you!

And...Sadie, I love you too!

P.S. It's so fun when your child throws up at a restaurant isn't it? :)

Kurt and Michelle said...

I loved loved this post, I feel that same way about each of my sisters in different ways. We all need them:)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Sister are so fun! I love BAJIO too!