Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Toddler beds

Thomas got a toddler bed this morning.
Right now we are experiencing our first nap time.
It is an experience to say the least.
It has been going on for the last hour.
I expected this.
I also expected him to get out of the bed over and over again.
I just didn't expect it to be so hilarious.
Shouldn't I be really upset and frustrated?
Well I'm not.


How can I be when he danced around all morning because he was so excited for his new bed.   I just love how he has his arms up on the headboard.  He is totally chilling.
How can I be when he sneaks out of his bed and into my bedroom 5 times, peeks his head up over the bed, waves and says, "HI MOM" like he just accomplished a huge feat.
How can I be mad when he realized that if he comes into my room that I take him and put him right back in the bed.... so he has started sneaking out into the living room.  After 6 attempts I just found him like this.


Sweet dreams my little one.  May bedtime bring us more laughs or success.  I will take either.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow what fun! It's interesting to see how kids take change. Way to be patient!

Lydia Story said...

Oh, he is so sweet! Just like his mother! Thank you for sharing these darling pictures!

Amber said...

You have such a good outlook! He's a cutie!

Morgan said...

yep. take it how you can!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

Livee never took naps once we got the toddler bed so now I never want to move Emmi out of her crib. We are moving to Utah State at the end of July! I am really excited because I just read that you guys are moving there too. We can totally trade babysitting. I don't know if we will be there when you have your baby but if I am I would love to watch Thomas. He would probably want to get to know us but seriously we should have play dates like once a week. Congratulations on everything!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Such a good outlook Sade, I will make sure to call you for advice when that day comes for me:)

Brittany and Everett said...

Such a sweet little boy! What a sweet and patient MOMMA!!! Thomas needs to come over again, he and Des get along so good!

Phil and Pat said...

My, Thomas is growing, growing, growing. So cute and he is now a talker! What fun he is!