Tuesday, August 28, 2012

goodbye summer

Today school started in Erie.
Even though none of us are going back to school.  Fall is still in the air and we are finding ourselves saying goodbye to summer.  
It has rained all day long.  Which is beautiful and AMAZING.
We played in the rain.
Did some laundry.
Took naps.
Watched a movie.
Read books.
Played games on the computer.
Ate oreos for breakfast and grilled cheese for lunch.
Listened to the rain and totally embraced the fact that summer is fading away.
We had a good summer.
With our new scenery we tried to jump right in and do everything we could.
We made a summer fun to do list and checked things off as we went.
I think we did it all.

















Not only were we busy but, we made really good memories just being together as a family.
Family is everything to me.  We dearly miss our "big" families back in Idaho.  Wish they could see us learning and growing.  We miss laughing with them often.  We miss relaxing Sunday dinners on Grandma Lola'sdeck and water skiing with the whole Olaveson crew.  We miss the cool nights and frying hot days of Rexburg.  Cliff jumping.  Splash park.  SNOW CONES.  Rigby Lake. Hiking table rock.  The cabin.  Star gazing on my parents tramp (the stars are much better there)  We miss the closeness of our families and the bonds that we have built.  They are our foundation.  Our best advice.  Our greatest supporters and number one fans.
As much as we dearly miss all of that greatness and let me tell you it is all great, we have enjoyed our time here with our "small" family.  We have laughed a lot.  Shed a few tears.  Learned tons of new things.  Grown up.  Explored and had a pretty memorable summer.  One that I am sad is coming to an end.  I think it will always feel that way and that is a good thing, then I wont take it for granted.
SO LONG SUMMER.....  HELLO FALL!  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

3 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Your title depresses me. I refuse to say goodbye yet. I am not ready for fall. I'm so glad you guys have been making fun memories in your new home.

Radfords said...

You guys are having waaaay too much fun!! :) Love reading all your new fun adventures!!

Phil and Pat said...

We miss you like crazy but are so happy for you in all of your adventures. Thank goodness you are a wonderful blogger, Sadie! Thank you for that! Love that cute little streaker picture of Lewis!