Thursday, October 25, 2012

{secretly laughing}

Every person that I have met for the first time here in PA asked me, "So are you ready for the winter?" 
I tell them that I come from a place that is cold and gets snow, but that I am excited to see the comparison.
I have then had multiple people go on to tell me that I haven't seen anything yet.  And then they laugh in my face. 
This has always bothered me, because there could be crazy bad storms here.... but, I am not from Hawaii and I have seen snow and I am not completely unaware of what might come my way.  But, no matter what I try to tell people they are convinced that I will not survive their storms that they have so bravely endured for years.  




Well today I am secretly laughing in every persons face, that doesn't believe me when I say it snows in Idaho (not Iowa, another discussion to be had another day) because back home in Idaho I hear they got their first snow storm of the season with about 1/2 a foot of snow.  I am also secretly laughing at all of my dear friends and family back home because it is snowing and we are  playing outside in T-shirts in beautiful 78 degree weather.  It is absolutely beautiful here with all of the trees changing colors.  Man I love this weather.









I love this weather so much that we have spent every day this week outside.  All day long.  Even when we should be making dinner we are laying in the driveway in a fort of toys, chairs and bikes, looking at the clouds pass by.  Even when we should be taking quiet times we are running through piles of crunchy leaves.  Even when we should be cleaning the house we are playing at the park with friends.  We are loving this weather because we believe that the snow is on its way and we know that the winter will be long and cold.  So today we will play all day long until we tired and exhausted and then secretly laugh that we had this beautiful day. 






 

4 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

I secretly would be laughing too! Plus I'm REALLY jealous of your nice weather you're enjoying. I feel like we got ripped off here with having a fall season.

When Christopher has sold in the central states and on the east coast he has ran into people that don't know the state Idaho. When he tells them "I'm from Idaho" they think he means Iowa. Crazy, how many Americans don't know their states!

Kurt and Michelle said...

PLEASE let me snap my fingers and we can be the friends plahing with you at the park instead of here looking out the window really wishing we could:( Miss you!! Are you coming for Christmas? I would love to see you!!

Emily and Seth said...

Very poetic. The eastern US really is beautiful in the fall. Tell those people about when it gets to 35 below in Rexburg and there's often like 4 feet of snow. Myabe that will quell them.

Andrea said...

We had people do the same thing when we lived in Flagstaff! They kept telling us the winters were so bad and the wind always blows. Hello people! You don't know Idaho! And the whole town would shut down when it snowed. Just bide your time. You will show them what you are made of soon enough!! I had to teach some silly college students in my apt complex how to get their mustang out of the parking lot on ice. I was pretty proud to be from Idaho on that day!