I'm losing it.
I actually think that it is fair to say I've LOST IT.
Today I went to the post office. With Thomas.
I just wanted to ask a few questions. I haven't ever sent a package before... I needed to know the best and cheapest way to do so. I stood in line for the FIRST time so I could ask these questions and I learned that around 2 in the afternoon the postal workers aren't very patient. It is because 50 college students come in at one time.
I went and picked out the "cheapest" sending option, and stood in line for the SECOND time to purchase the box. After waiting behind 8 people I got up to the counter and realized I hadn't brought my purse in with me.
I went out to my car. Unlocked the car. Threw the keys on the seat. Got my wallet. Locked the door. Closed the door and immediately realized that I had just locked my keys in the car.
I went back into the post office and stood in line for the THIRD time. After waiting again behind 6 people I finally was able to purchase my box.
I called my mom and asked if she could come and pick Thomas and I up and take us to get the keys from Daniel at work. She came immediately with books for Thomas and Girl Scout cookies for me. THANK YOU MOM you get the mom of the year award. We got the keys from Daniel and she brought us back to our car.
We rushed home to get Thomas down for his afternoon nap. After I laid him down and got everything into the house I looked for my keys on the seat and I couldn't find them. I reached my hand in my pocket and found my keys.
I had the keys in my pocket the whole time.
I have officially LOST my mind.
But, I did get to see my cute mom. She was very helpful. She came bearing gifts. And doesn't she look so cute as a first time grandma in this picture? She had to check to make sure that all of his fingers and toes were there.
I also found some Cadbury mini eggs... which only come around these parts at easter time. Finding these... made my whole day worth it!
NOTE: This is my 100th post! Cheers to the Packer blog in all of our mind losing insanity. This is what keeps life and our blog interesting.




11 comments:
I love this post! I have done the exact same thing with my keys - thought I locked them in the car and then found them in my purse a half hour later. The funny part about it is that it happened at the post office! Sadie I love your blog! You are a cute mom and your little boy is adorable. -Emily (used to be Teeples)
What a day! I am so glad Thomas wasn't locked in the car! Congratulations on your 100 post!! I love hearing what you are up to.
my poor sadie...
i lose my mind on a daily basis.
its gets worse the more kids you have...
glad you have a mom around to help you when things get nuts.
i love moms. :)
Happy 100!
Love this story! You must come to the Rigby Post Office next time. Truly. It would be worth it to drive the extra 12 miles! You and your mom (and Thomas) are great! :) Lots of love...
First of all the Post Office is my most hated place ever!! Just FYI the postal workers are ALWAYS ornery and very unsympathetic with a crying child. Sorry you had such a hard day and it's okay, blame loosing your mind on the kiddos. I LOVE the idea for the girls night!! We could even do it at my place, the house should be done in about 2 or 3 weeks and I am sure Kurt wouldn't mind taking Allie to his moms, that would be a blast!! Let's see if we can plan for maybe like a month out and then maybe everyone will be able to come!
Haha! I locked my keys in the car at the Post Office once, and I had to call Jason Christmas to come and get me because I couldn't get a hold of my family...it was totally embarrassing. I am glad everything worked out!
K that's totally hilarious! I took Corbin to the post office once and had to stand in line forever too, and I will NEVER take him again! so next time you need to run to the post offic- just bring Thomas over here, K?
I lost my mind yesterday, too! I came home looking all over for this piece of paper that I was so mad I didn't bring to campus, and I finally found it in my backpack. Frustrating. Also, have I mentioned that I'm SO glad we're cousins now? Well, I am.
That's hilarious! Darn it all. Way to keep a good attitude though. You're so good at that.
Sorry for your day. I HATE the post office and try to stay away from it if I can because of things like that!
What a sweet mom you have. You're lucky to live so close to her.
Oh, and I love Mini Cadbury eggs. I have to go on a little scavenger hunt to different stores to find them last week, and when I did, I bought the biggest bag that I could. Yummy!!
Miss you guys!
So funny! This happeneds to me too, all the time! I am glad that I am not the only one out there!! Just 2 weeks ago I locked us out of our house and car and we were supposed to go to church so a locksmith in our ward came and resuced us. I am a dork!
Post a Comment