So as in my previous post I am still taking a trip down memory lane.
Today we are going to visit Porter Park.
This is the park that used to have a public swimming pool in it. We had a seasons pass and I LOVED going swimming there almost everyday. It was here that I learned to swim and where I first jumped off the diving board. I loved going down the old, creaky, leaky slide on those squeaky wet mats but hated coming out at the end. I was always afraid I would be taken under the water and look like a fool. Don't you think I should of been afraid of drowning. Well I wasn't. Just looking like a fool. There was a snack shack that I loved getting jolly ranchers at. We would also go and ride on the carousel afterward. The carousel that is the only thing that still remains.... and is exactly the same. The same creepy music that repeats itself over and over.
This is the park I remember playing baseball at with my family. We would go there in the evenings with my dad and he would throw the ball to us to catch and bat at. I also remember riding on the teeter totter with him.
This is the park I remember going to for school field days. Getting sunburnt, eating snack lunches and playing red rover and running races.
This is the park that we would run mile intervals at during high school.
This is the park where I took a few walks at night holding a boys hand. We would occasionally get asked to leave because we were out past the city curfew... I think 10 p.m. We didn't have anything in common really it was just nice to be liked.
This is the park where a group of friends snuck into the before mentioned water slide and went down it at midnight. A friend worked there and had the key so we turned it on and everything.
This is the park where I played night games with friends. One time I remember playing the belly laughing game. We also played Rambo a lot.
This is the park where Daniel tried to teach me how to play tennis. Tried is the key word... I apparently can't aim and serve the ball.
This is the park where Thomas has played at the sprinkler park and on the toys with his cute chubby legs.
This park doesn't look like much but it has a lot of great memories.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
how fun Sade these memory lane posts! I'm having so much fun reading them; keep em coming!
I remember the old pool and waterslide. That THE thing to do when we went to visit Grandma. So many fun memories!
Post a Comment