Monday, May 24, 2010

Memory Lane


Friday Night we headed out to the Teton View Drive-In.
The movie of choice was How to Train your Dragon.
We loaded up with Nips and M & M's and chocolate milk.
We filled the car with pillows and blankets.
We were armed and ready to go to the first movie of the season.

Only Thomas was more excited to be sitting in the front with Daniel and I than anything else.  Everytime he would actually watch the movie he would say "SCARY."  He touched at least every button 6 times including turning on the wipers... which actually turned out to be just fine since it was raining outside.  I kept telling Daniel it is all part of the experience.

It was at this very Drive-In that I spent many summer nights with my family and my friends.
Oh the times we crammed at least 10 people into the back of Robbie.  I am sure that the other paying customers hated us.
I remember after a long day of waterskiing or bridge jumping, sunburned and exhausted, relaxing and falling asleep to many movies at the Drive-In.
There were plenty of times that we got rained on... but we live in Rexburg what else can you expect.
I even remember a time that a kid I had never met kept trying to hold my foot.  AWKWARD.  
All in all I love summers in Rexburg and the Drive-In holds many great memories.


** NOTE... Today is a day ALL about THOMAS.  You see he is turning two.  A very special occasion that only comes around once.  He woke up saying Happy... Bike...  Happy.... Bike.  We will have to see if he gets what he wants to make it a truly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Sara Packer said...

Happy birthday, Thomas!