(Thomas on his second birthday with his new bike)
My walk down memory lane and tribute to Rexburg didn't go as well as I had hoped. I got caught up in moving and time flew right by.
We have officially moved to Logan and are in the process of slowly unpacking.
Thomas and I haven't felt very well these last few days which only slows us down.
Today Thomas was having an especially hard day. He was really fussy and nothing seemed to make him happy. We went for a walk. We played on the toys. We went to the zoo. We ate samples at Sam's Club. The whole time that we were out and about he kept saying that he wanted to go home. When we got home and I was changing his diaper he still kept telling me that he wanted to go home. I said that we are home. Our new home. He just said "home" again. I asked him if he wanted to go to his home in Rexburg and he said "OK."
During dinner he kept asking to go and visit Ty, Brady, Grandpa, Alisa, Mary, Sam, and Grandma. Nothing would pacify him. We couldn't distract him and talking to him about it only made him more confused and upset. I didn't think that he would be affected by the move. I thought that he would be the strong one and accept the change with excitement. Tonight I think differently. Tonight my heart broke because he is having a hard time. Tonight my heart misses Rexburg. Tonight my heart misses all of our family.... all of Thomas's fan club. The people that he loves the most and is missing.
Here's to Rexburg as we all have known it and loved it. Here's to change. Change that will help us to learn and grow as a family. Here's to living in "Utes"




11 comments:
I'm sorry things have been hard. Hopefully it will pass quickly, but I know that it sometimes it just takes time. I'll be coming through Logan on Thursday. Do you want to get together for lunch? We could go to a park if we have nice weather or go to a play place if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Oh, that's so sweet. I hope Thomas comes to love his new home soon. Sorry we didn't get to you guys before you left.We thought we had one more day. We sure appreciate your friendship.
Sade- I'm sad that we missed you, we are just going to have to make a trip down there to visit, love you and I know you are going to love this new adventure!
Sadie,
My heart aches for Thomas right now. When we moved to Iowa, Z was only 18 months old, and it was really hard on her. She kept hiding in the corner of all the boxes, because things just weren't right. But...as soon as we got her room put together and all of her books out, it felt like home to her pretty fast. I think it's a routine thing too. It will take a few days, but you'll get it all figured out.
And...Logan is the best!! We loved the time we had there, and know you guys will too!
We love you!!
Oh. Poor Thomas. It's hard to move. Things have to get better, right? We want to come and see you guys soon.
I'm sorry its hard. I know. My family was just here and brought to Missouri the feeling of Rexburg. Growing up and moving away is good-but hard. I hope your little man finds something that will make him happy. soon.
loves
i'm eating a choco covered cinnamon bear right now...
I just got your phone number from your folks and gave you a call, so hopefully you have mine now! Let me know where you guys are at. We would love to get together and help in any way to get you settled in Logan. Love you!
It's heartbreaking when things are hard on little kids. Good luck with the move and your great attitude is inspiring!
I'm so sorry Sadie. That post made me sad. I hope that Thomas cheers up soon. There will be lots of new adventures for him in Utah. Before you know it your little family will be busy and loving living in Logan. We miss you guys terribly! I think Sterling and I are both going through Packer withdrawals.
Talk about making my heart melt!!!
Thomas is such a sweetheart and this was an eye opener for me when we move. Des is going to have a hard time not seeing my family, oh it breaks my heart. Sorry for being a pest the last little while you were here, you had enough on your plate!!!
I don't know if your coming up to Rexburg, by chance this weekend but if you do can't wait to see you at Rachel's shower!:)
Yes, here's to Rexburg! A wonderful place. I told a missionary eating dinner at our house last night that I miss Idaho... I am assuming that because he knew I'm from Chicago, he said "Really? You LIKED Idaho?" "No," I said, "I loved it." I love Idaho for the people there, not really because of the dry, hot summers, or the fridged winters; I love Idaho for the people, like you Sadie. :) Good luck with adjusting. You can do it!
Post a Comment