Monday, July 12, 2010

Today my life is GOOD


TODAY MY LIFE IS GOOD.

Today my life is good... because when I woke up this morning and walked into Thomas's room to check on him I realized he sleeps exactly like his dad.  On their side with one leg pulled up... cute little bums in the air.  Then I went and laid back down in bed just because I could.

Today my life is good... because when Thomas woke up he came and climbed into bed with me and fell back asleep.  I got to snuggle with him for another hour.  This is rare.  Today I love being his mother.

Today my life is good... because I was able to go to the doctor and hear the miracle of my baby boys heart beat.  I am measuring 37 inches.  I feel big, but soon I will be able to meet him.  How can I be so anxious and excited at the same time?  

Today my life is good... because I was able to do laundry in my very own washer and dryer.  I love the smell and feeling that things are clean and fresh.  I take pride in being a housewife.  I knowing that there is a better feeling in the house when things are clean and neat.  Just not too clean... where is the fun in that. 

Today my life is good... because I was able to take a nap and relax.

Today my life is good... because I went to the library.  I love to be inspired by the words of others.  Inspired to be better.  The best me.  I can do this when I read about others lives that inspire. 

Today my life is good... because we had delicious salmon for dinner.  

Today my life is good... because I have Daniel and Thomas in my life.  I was able to spend the whole day watching them laugh, teach and learn together.   Thomas spent the day riding around his skateboard and talking about football helmets.  Daniel hung up frames for me on the wall.  Even if I am particular.  I am so lucky that I have them... so lucky to be theirs. 

Today my life is good... because I have my health and strength.  You never know when it can be taken away.   

Today my life is good... there is a lot that is unknown.  I pray for the guidance to make the best decisions possible.  I pray for strength and goodness.  I pray for passion and understanding.  

Today my life is good... My simple joyful life is GOOD.  For this I am grateful.  

5 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you. I can always count on reading your blog to uplift me. You are an amazing woman!

Sara Packer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Packer said...

I just had a typo in my comment, it wasn't inappropiate. You have such a good attitude for a woman who is 9 months pregnant. I'm proud of you. Thomas has perfect little man hair.

Brittany and Everett said...

You are wonderful Sadie! Hope you're enjoying Utah, we will be moving there pretty soon. I am happy that you have a washer and dryer. I know you wanted one oh so bad! Looks like summer is treating you and your family well, cute summer pics! And holy moly way to go being pregnant all through summer, that's gotta be hot!!!

Aubrey said...

oh how I love you my Sadie! Can't wait to see you. We move in about 4 weeks, August 12th ish and will be down in your parts. I can feel some serious park/play/pool days coming on!