Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Master

Daniel has officially become a MASTER.  A double MASTER at that.
Friday he graduated with his MSHR and MBA.


We are so proud.  Seriously.  He has worked very hard.  Met all of his goals.  Achieved so much.  Learned a lot.  Become quite the professional.



These last two years have been tough on our family but, we have grown so close because of it.  We have learned a lot about what really matters to us and how to prioritize our time.  Putting each other and our children first even when we have so many other responsibilities and things to do.  I will forever cherish these years in Logan. 



As I walked into the Utah State Spectrum, where graduation was held.  I immediately become overwhelmed with all of these emotions.  Emotions of gratitude.  Happiness.  Growth.  Change.  Love.  Hard work.  I could hardly contain it.  As soon as we saw the graduates walking into the building these emotions came spilling out.  Then Thomas wrapped his arms around my neck and told me he would take care of me and everything would be alright.  It only made the tears spill a little more. 


When I told Daniel I cried.  He said, "I guess it is good one of us felt some emotion, because I just didn't want to be there."  Which proved to be true, after two hours of name after name being announced Daniel jetted up the stairs and we all ran away from there early. 




Then the "real celebration" began at a favorite park in Smithfield.  Daniel requested fried chicken, sodas, and some salads. SO all wild and crazy like that is what we did.  Spent a relaxing evening with so many loved family members that came to support Daniel on his special day.  Thanks everyone who made the trip it meant a lot to us.  Thanks Lizzie for all of the pictures.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Loved this post. Love you guys. I look forward to seeing all the fun and exciting things go on in your sweet family in the years to come.

Morgan said...

my fav part of this story is OBVIOUSLY how Daniel ditched graduation. I LOVE IT. And you are pretty.

Kylie said...

Congrats guys, I know that is no small feat!
PS - Thomas looks SO much like Evan in that picture. Made me smile.

Kurt and Michelle said...

So so exciting!! So much hard work and now you can breathe cause IT IS OVER!!! Daniel is so lucky to have you Sade, you are SOOO beautiful and the most amazing person I know. I know how hard it is to be the supportive wife in all the crazy adventures, you do it with such grace...love you!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Sadie,
Thanks for all your sweet comments and offers for help these last weeks. Even amidst all your preparations and changes you are so sweet to offer help. I am so excited for you and your family and the things ahead. I am on maternity leave for two more weeks. Can we get together and have a little play date/lunch and just catch up before you are out of here? Call me! 435-512-0790. Love you friend.