Thursday, November 8, 2012

Annual Harvest Dinner



Life as always is busy.
We had one night available to have our annual Harvest dinner.
It was the Sunday before Halloween and unfortunately our lives caught up with us and dinner was rushed and not up to par. Lets just say that the scones were burnt to a crisp but, the frosting was still very good.
We did however carve our pumpkins and they turned out really well.  
Thomas and Lewis still don't like the insides.
We carved a face in one and stars in the other.
Then we sat around the table and told scary "appropriate" stories which turned into a haunted house.  It actually turned out pretty spooky and we might have terrified Lewis for life.  The next day he wouldn't let me go into my room and close the door and if we turned off any lights he would point at them to be turned on or grab his own chair and do it himself.  Poor little darling.
Thomas loved it though and still begs to play haunted house.
Even though our evening wasn't perfect and I didn't even get the chance to set the table let alone decorate, we had such a fun time together as a family.  Looking back on it now I realize that is more important anyway.  How many times am I going to have to be reminded of this truth?  That happiness comes without expectations or preconceived notions of what happiness is.  I am afraid I am just beginning to learn.  

No comments: