Friday, March 7, 2014

OUR LIVES

This is just a look into our lives right now.  In our house with a dad that works and a mom that stays home with a five year old kindergartener and a 3 year old lover of the iPad!

Mohawks are a part of our daily conversations here.  They seem to be thought cooler by some in our house.  I will let you decide who!  The conversations usually go like this....
I want a mohawk.
I don't think you have the right hair for it hun.
I want a mohawk.
I am not sure that I like mohawks, we can spike it in the front though so it looks like a mohawk from the front.
I want a real one that is long all the way down my head and short on the sides.
Sorry no mohawks until you are an adult and get to make your own decisions.
So and So has one.
I don't care.
Then someone gets their feelings hurt and usually runs back into the bathroom and comes back out with the best version of a mohawk he could come up with, with the haircut he is given.



This is common and just so happened on this particular day.  This particular day the other son also decided he wanted one as well and so goes my life!  After they came out of the bathroom to flaunt their newly styled locks we of course had to have an impromptu photo shoot.  The kind that takes place by one of the only windows in our house that lets any amount of light in, in the dark overcast city we live in.  The kind that has clutter in he background, from all of our valentines love, and shows exactly how our lives are RIGHT NOW.  I like those kind.  They bring back memories and and make me all nostalgic.
Then the boys each took turns taking pictures of anything and everything.  Which is an even better look into our lives exactly as they are right now.
ENJOY.  I know that I enjoy it.  Even the regular conversations about mohawks.


I call this one:  You've got mail.  


You may look like your dad, but you got my tongue


 Grandma O's lamp 


Ninja


Army men hurt when you step on them


Kicks


Nations # 1 snowiest city.  Top ten worst winters in Erie EVER.  


I am such a good mom


I love little boys


Sorting through the "folder"


Great Grandma Mackey's birds.  I LOVE THEM.

1 comment:

Tami said...

:) LOVE your mowhawk conversation with Thomas and their photo shoot... Julie hates me doing her hair every day, and complains every morning so I tell her we can cut it shorter but I'll still have to at least comb it. then she adamently tells me she wants "rapunzel hair"... I guess the combing and braiding is worth it