Sunday, October 19, 2014

Preschool 2014

We tried preschool last year.
It wasn't for us.
We tried preschool this year.
We were ready for it.
We love it.




Dear Lewis.
Your "2nd" 1st day of preschool was great.
You picked out your outfit the night before.  Your teal skinnies and shark/dog shirt.  You picked those out at the store all by yourself.  Quite the fashion guy!
You had your back pack ready to go for weeks.  Ninja Turtles of course.  It may even be bigger then you are.
Can you see just how excited you were?  You were so ready this year.  Asking daily when it was your turn to go to your school.
You were super confident when we got there.  You immediately went and found some toys to play with.
I had to stay and fill out some papers... The longer I was there the less confident you got.  Darn it.
You soon were holding onto my leg and didn't want to let go.
I looked you in the eyes.  Found you a fun toy and a friend/teacher to play with.  I told you I loved you so much and that I needed to leave now.  I said I would be right back to pick you up.  You looked at me with your bravest eyes and hugged me and said, "I LOVE YOU."  I turned and walked out the door.  Afraid to look back, but curious enough that I did.  YOU WERE JUST FINE!
Thomas was with me.  He was so nervous for you.  We had nothing to worry about.
I picked you up and took you for a donut at Fuhrman's.  You got a cake donut with white frosting and sprinkles.  I got a pumpkin spice.  We shared a chocolate milk.
I asked you how it went,  you said, "It was long, but I liked it."
We went to the park to play.  The weather was amazing.
You came with me to the doctors.  You climbed up on the bed with me and listened to the babies heart beat.  You went quite and held really still while while you listened to it.
I love that I got to have this day with you.
I love the big boy that you are growing into.
SO SILLY.
SO SWEET.
SO BRAVE.
SO GOOD.
You bring so much joy and happiness into our home.  You are determined and work so so hard.  We love you more everyday.







No comments: