Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Normal


Just after having Harrison, while staying in the hospital, I made the comment to the boys that when I got out of the hospital our lives would continue as normal.  
Just after saying that I paused, looked at Daniel, and said, "well our new normal."  

Life has pretty much continued as it normally did.
Thomas still wakes up way before any of us are ready.  Between 5 and 6.  
He still has learning and growing to do in the 1st grade.
He still plays basketball on the weekends and plays with his friends out in the snow after school.
Daniel still goes to work each day and is busy with church responsibilities. 
Lewis still dresses up like a ninja turtle and snuggles with me in bed each morning.  
He loves playing with his brothers toys and often sneaks off with the i pad to play games or watch his shows.  
I still love to wear my pajamas during the day and hanging out with my men making memories.  
I love their snuggles and kisses and laughing at their silly grade school humor. (most of the time)
I still love life and hope to make the most of each day.  










The only difference is that we have added a new little one to the mix and although most things stayed the same our whole world has changed.  How is that?! 
We are all learning about patience.
We are all learning about what it truly means to be quiet.
We are all learning how to slow down.... enjoy and just be.  
We are all learning that our hearts can burst open and fill with even more love than we ever thought that they could.  Just because a new little one has come into our lives.  


I love watching the boys with their brother.  They say things like "oh sweety"  "bud" and "I want to see his face" all the time.  
They will be wrestling with the best of them and stop for a quick moment to share a hug and kiss with brother.
They love to pick out his clothes, change diapers, and hold him for mom.  
They are learning about responsibility and are preparing to become the best husbands and fathers!  
This is what families are about.  
LOTS of LOVE and LEARNING.  
I love our new normal! My heart is full.



No comments: