Saturday, September 20, 2008

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY

                  Twins looking at the fish....it was actually kind of cool    
                                               
                       Waiting out the storm...hey bud what do you see?

                                                   Buddy... you there?
    A message from my secret admirer


Today we went to Mesa Falls. At least that is where we planned on going...we didn't quite make it there. We jumped in the car after lunch and started on our way and that is when the rain started coming down. It was trickling at first and not that bad, but we could tell that the storm was headed towards us and it would hit only in a matter of time. So we decided to stop at Warm River and look at the fish and then maybe walk up the trail on the old railroad track and maybe wait out the storm....those were our plans until the storm hit...It came fast and strong and we ended up just sitting in our car for 20 minutes before we decided the storm wasn't letting up and it wasn't worth getting wet and cold so we would just head home again. In Ashton there is a restaurant that I have always wanted to stop at...I don't know the name I only know that it has a huge rootbeer float mug as a sign. We thought it would be fun to stop and eat there until we saw that it costed at least 8 bucks just for a hamburger...forget that! Although our day didn't seem successful it was really fun and beautiful up there. The trees are starting to change color and I really do LOVE the rain. Plus we were able to get back in time for the ward elders quorum social which Daniel was thrilled about!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds like fun even though your plans didn't work out! I wish we were there to spend that time with you!

Aubrey said...

oh i'm so jealous of your rain! I wish we could have a big 'ol storm sometime. California weather is really nice, but I'm ready for a change. I guess I'll have to wait until December when we come to Rexburg! Your little Thomas sure is a cute little guy! I see you both in him