Saturday, June 12, 2010
Windshields and Cops
This afternoon we visited Grandpa and Grandma Dunn in Preston. They made us a lovely lunch and we spent the afternoon visiting. Thomas loved playing with Grandpa's marble game and digging through his scout memorabilia while we chatted about all of my cousins and their whereabouts. It is going to be nice to live closer to them so we can spend quality time with them. Learning about their lives and stories.
On the way home we were enjoying the beautiful green mountains and listening to Thomas say, "HOLD IT DADA!" Over and over again. (translation: Hold me) We were just driving along thoroughly enjoying Thomas's constant chant that was occasionally broken up by a fake cry, when we had just passed the welcome to Utah sign, when a cop came flying by me in the next lane. He immediately slowed down and I had no choice but to pass him. As soon as I did he got behind me and turned on his lights. I was being pulled over. JUST MY LUCK.
Well I was confident that I hadn't been speeding (which isn't always the case) and I knew that I had a headlight out. So I figured that is why he was pulling me over and I wasn't too concerned. I got out all of my information, rolled down the window and tried my best to put on my "what might the problem be officer" face. He told me that I had a headlight out which didn't surprise me, and then he went on to say.... "You also have a crack in your windshield" Which is also true....but I had no idea that this was illegal in the state of Utah.
I hate being pulled over and as grateful as I am for laws and law enforcement I think that cops are ridiculous when they pull you over. Especially for a crack in your windshield. I swear there are a lot of worse laws that need to be enforced by our policeman.... but maybe I am wrong.
In the end he let us go with just a warning.... which should be an obvious since my license plates are from Idaho, my drivers license is from Idaho and so is my insurance and registration. I am clearly from Idaho and had NO IDEA that a crack over an inch wide was ticket-able in Utah.
BUT NOW I DO! WELCOME to UTAH PACKERS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm so sorry, Sadie. I hate being pulled over, but at least you didn't drive your car into your friend's garage door.
Please explain whose car windshield that is in the picture. Is it yours??? Because I thought that, from the picture, some thug busted up your car with a sledge hammer...
Wow, I didn't know that either! And we've lived here for almost 3 years...oops. I agree, cops are overly mean when they pull you over!
Darn those Safety and Emissions in Utah! The days of $20.00 to get your car registered (Rexburg) are over. Stinky. Always looking for ways to get more money for the state. I am glad he let you off. That really would have been rediculous if you got a ticket. We want to come and see you guys soon. :)
Post a Comment