Thursday, August 5, 2010
The Day
Today is the day.
The day that I have been waiting for... for 9 months.
The day that I marked on my calendar with bright green marker. Because I love green. Then I put a huge square around it in more green. Because this day is important.
Today is the day that I have been thinking about and preparing for like a mad woman.
I have been cleaning bathrooms for our guests.
I have been doing laundry (which I love) so that no one has to wear dirty underwear.
I have been going to the grocery store about every day just so that there are a lot of fresh options to eat.
I have been making lists so that people know all of Thomas's favorites. Foods. Toys. Movies. Even though everyone already knows.
I have been packing and repacking the babies hospital bag. Just to look at the tiny clothes that will someday be worn.
Today is the day that Baby Boy #2 ...Name to be announced soon... was "scheduled" to enter the world.
Today I am showing NO signs of this happening. Even after scrubbing toilets.
Instead.....
Today Daniel is sitting for four "yucky" hours in an economics class.
Today Thomas played with some cousins and is now in dreamland. Still in his pajamas. And wearing his baseball cap.
Today I am sitting on the couch in my pajamas watching Friends on the television. I think Phoebe is hilarious. Wouldn't she make a great friend? Life would never be dull.
Today I have been slightly grumpy. Ask Daniel? He has had to put up with me. I will blame it on the fact that today I am still 40 lbs bigger then I want to be. 40 lbs of uncomfortableness. Because...
Today is apparently NOT the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I remember the feeling well. Corbin was 1 week overdue before they induced me. It sucks. Hang in there. I'm excited to hear the announcement when he comes!
Bless you. 40 weeks is well- so hard. I can't wait for your sweet babe to be here, and just so you know, I have family in town with trampolines- let me know.
Have to admit this made me laugh a little. Saide you are a hoot and you always bring me "right in" to your thinking wave in the way that you write, or type. I felt your frustration and irritation completely! This baby will come!:) And meanwhile know that you are so CUTE pregnant!!!
I agree, Phoebe would be a good friend.
Sade- I have been praying for this baby to come soon, I am so excited to see him. You have always been and always will be cute pregnant but I know how uncomfortable it is at this point and no matter what anyone says the best thing would just to have this baby out, I hope he comes soon! Has your doctor said anything about inducing?
Oh you are so cute! Some day your little baby will enjoy reading the thoughts of his mommy just dying for him to come. I feel for you! It sounds like you are doing the right thing though, keep busy! He will be here soon!
I'm so glad you took a picture. I always refuse to and then later I wish I would have. We keep praying for you.
Post a Comment