Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

DEAR GRANDMARY,

"HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" to you.

Thomas, Alisa, Lewis and GrandMary at the hospital

We wish that we could be there to celebrate this special day with you.
We think that you have lived these last 50 years of your life with such Grace and Strength.
As I type this you should be having a surprise party.  I hope you are surprised and that you enjoy your dessert.  Because lets be honest, that is the best part of having a birthday.
Sorry that our phone died when we were chatting earlier today and that I never called you back.  I figured you would understand.
When I asked Thomas what his favorite memories of you were.  He replied, "Brady's house, camping, fire, helmets, football."  "I like it"  "I love her"
Daniel says, "Your jam and gravy are the best."  He also loved when we went to the rodeo a few weeks ago and the announcer asked if anyone was from Lewisville and you were the only one in the crowd that started screaming and cheering with so much pride!
Some of my favorite memories of you are when we sit around the kitchen table and just laugh.  It is always fun when you get giggly late at night.  Plus that is where you are in "your element."  Thanks for being my mom and my friend.  I hope that all your Birthday wishes come true this next year.  You deserve it.

We were supposed to send you a letter in the mail.  We had it written and Thomas painted you a picture on it.  That made the ink all smear together and we weren't able to get one sent in time.  So we decided to take a photo shoot instead.

CHEESE
Thomas got distracted by Lewis's shoes

Then he placed his hand on Lewis's knee... it was either that our around his neck

Helping him hold his head up

Oh nice ear "brother"

He really needed to get a good look.  Yep it is just like dads!

"I LOVE HIM"

Lewis 

Thomas
WE LOVE YOU GRANDMARY. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to you!


1 comment:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Sadie- Oh how I miss seeing your family so often. I especially miss your mom and her fun conversations we would always have about life, boys, and what we should do with our lives. I hope she had a great day, she so deserves it! Love you, I can't wait to talk to you if we can ever get a hold of each other:) P.S. Total random question but I love love your moms shirt she has on in that picture, do you happen to know where she got it?