Lately we have been feeling BLAH.
Daniel is super busy at school.
The rest of us have colds. So we have been staying home.
Literally only leaving to pick Daniel up at the end of the day.
Yikes. We are all feeling BLAH.
Sick of being Sick.
On top of that we ARE NOT sleeping well.
It may be that we don't feel well.
But, I am pretty sure it is because all four of us are "sleeping" in our queen sized bed. Every night. And have been for a few weeks now.
Daniel and I belong there.
Thomas comes in half way through the night and claims he is scared of the dark. When he is told that he is going back to his bed he gets angry and mean. And YELLS with a squinchy face "NO." I am afraid he is going to wake up the babe that is right there and usually give in.
Lewis refuses to sleep anywhere besides my arms. Seriously he will be asleep and as soon as I lay him down he squirms and fusses. I wouldn't mind if he was in his own room. He isn't. He is right next to us. I go and pick him up. Rock him back to sleep. Lay him down. He squirms and he fusses. This goes on UNTIL I pick him up and lay down in my bed with him. He instantly relaxes and doses off to sleep.
Last night Daniel just ended up on the floor. I am not sure why he didn't go to the couch. He is a delirious sleeper.
We are in need of a serious intervention. I am just not sure when it will take place. That would mean a lot of effort on my part!
On a lighter note....
We love our decorations. Thomas is fabulous at arranging the nativity. It is so cute.
We love pulling off chains and eating chocolates out of our advent calendar.
Excited for school to end and our Christmas festivities to begin.
Excited to make christmas desserts. And to eat them.
Excited to see family.
Excited to have my husband 24 hours a day!
Excited to get out of these BLAHS.
I love this time of year.
* the balloon is from a birthday that he attended. We didn't get the holidays mixed up. Although I do think balloons make things more fun.
Also the last pictures are proof that we are feeling the BLAHS in our home.
Here is to a HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm sorry you're feeling blah. I get that a lot. Having everyone sleep in your bed is hard. It is hard when they are so cute, but you are so tired and you just want everyone to sleep where they are supposed to sleep. Good luck with everything!
You're so cute Sadie. I love your posts. I know exactly how you feel about being sick. My baby and I both got a nasty cold, darn it. Get better soon to enjoy your break!
We've been sick too. And we had the same problems with Caleb only wanting to be held. It helped when we moved him to Anna's room and also when we tried to get him to fall asleep in his bed instead of rocking him to sleep and putting him in bed after. He still isn't great, but better. Hope things get better for you. I totally know what it's like to feel blah and definitely not have enough sleep. It's rough! Hope we can see you guys in Rexburg!!
Hi, I know this is a reasonably old post and you may well have sorted out the sleeping problems with your little one, but I thought I would add a suggestion just in case you haven't :) When my daughter was small and a nightmare sleeper I used to find putting her down to sleep with say a t-shirt or something I had been wearing that day - that way she had the comfort of my smell and it seemed to work - she used to just snaffle right into that t-shirt! Hope that helps.
Esther (aka London Mummy)
Post a Comment