Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today

(Thomas hiking summer 2011.. taking in the goodness)

Today nothing special is going on...
That is almost what makes it so special.
Especially when I stop to listen to what they hooligans are really saying and doing.
Today Thomas has been calling me Aunt Sadie.
Today he told me to put on his Ninja Mask so he doesn't get hurt.  Oh the protection of a piece of fabric.
Today Lewis is jabbering.  Still not much of a word guy.  Why speak when I get him everything he needs.
Today Thomas told me he never wants to forget to hug and kiss his dad again.  It is tragic being away from those you love.
Today we are listening to my 90.s mix on spotify.
Today Lewis has the best dance moves to my 90.s mix on spotify.
Today Thomas has been jumping rope with a bow tie on.
Today Lewis only wants to nurse.  He may be nursing until he is 5.  He just loves me THAT much.
Today Daniel is at school and work.  It is officially fall.  I love fall.  There is an energy and excitement present.  I can feel it even if I am not a part of it.
Today although I love fall we are hanging on to the last bits of summer and are planning on swimming this afternoon with friends.
Today Lewis is walking everywhere.  I love when he follows me into a room.
Today Thomas says sorcerer "SOY-SIR" and if you have a sorcerer stick you "SOYCE" with it.  What else?
Today Lewis insists on blowing his own nose.  I feel like he just wants to eat the tissue.  yum.  
Today Thomas ate 3 pieces of gum at the same time.  But, its ok because he is chewing them and not swallowing them.  Oh the progress!
Today I need to vacuum and organize my house more.  It has been a huge process.  But totally worth it.
Today we are taking in all of the small and simple things that today has to offer.
(Just like Thomas in the photo above)

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

So glad you invited us to "simply" enjoy your swimming pool today!

Mrs. A said...

can i come visit? i think the aunt sadie is a sign he misses his aunty a, a lot. i like that you're perpetually optimistic. it's a neat thing to be. xOXxOo