That is right folks. Thomas had his very first day of preschool last week and loved it.
He woke up bright and early and asked every 20 seconds if it was time to get into the car to go.
He was ready for this day long before I was. I wasn't convinced that I wanted to send him yet. I mean this is my only time with him when I am his only influence. We are talking just a few short years where I can help him to learn to take on the world and I wasn't sure I had accomplished all of that yet. You know things like making good choices, treating others with respect, being a good friend to everyone even if they smell a little funny, and always being honest even when it is hard.
After some thought I soon realized that these things take a lifetime to develop and with the foundation I have given him he has to go and test his skills in real life. Plus he is completely ready to break free from his mom and so we decided to start out slow.
He loved it so much and I didn't even shed a tear, (to be honest it was really nice to have a small break with him gone) and so we are looking into having him go another day during the week.
Oh the progress I am making as a mother!
He was sent home with a packet of papers and one of them had questions they wanted Thomas to answer so they could get to know him better. Here are Thomas's answers word for word as a very independent four year old.
1. Favorite toy....my red power ranger on a motorbike
2. Favorite game to play.... Blokus Blokus.
3. Favorite outside activity.... Soccer
4. Do you have an imaginary friend.... I have a friend named Sam and his brother JT but mom what does imaginary mean?
5. What kind of music do you like best.... Foofighters (he pulled out his best air guitar impression as he said this.)
6. What is your favorite food...chinese (ramen) and spaghetti
7. Least favorite food.... spinach
8. What is your favorite cartoon or tv show.... power rangers
9. Favorite movie.... Chipmunks
10. Favorite Holiday...Halloween, because there is candy and I like trick or treating
11. Favorite animal... penguin and a duck (???)
12. Anything else you would like us to know.... I like to play at the playground. I like to play with my brother Lewis. He is funny.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Those answers are priceless. Please tell Thomas that I am proud of him and am so happy that he likes preschool.
Post a Comment