Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekendtrip/ Palmyra

We have been wanting to do some more exploring.  There are so many cool places to see and we want to take it all in before we get too settled and aren't as excited about our surroundings.  So we decided to head to Palmyra to the temple and decided to make a weekend out of it. 
We left right after work on Friday and made it to Rochester where we grabbed some take out from Chiles and then headed to the hotel for some swimming at our hotel.  The food was good but the pool was freezing cold and there was no hot tub to warm up in... so our excitement didn't last long.


We headed up to our room to snuggle into bed and watch a movie.  Lewis spilled a whole chocolate milk in the middle of our bed and then began to wander around the room.  Even when we turned off the lights and all tried to go to sleep I couldn't get him to lay down and go to sleep for a few hours. 
We woke up and headed down to breakfast only to be greeted by hundreds of "women of faith"  They were all attending a Christian faith convention and I think the only three men I could see were mine.  Daniel felt a little overwhelmed but Thomas and Lewis loved all of the attention.


We then headed to Palmyra where Daniel and I were able to attend the temple.  We have already made some good friends in our ward and we were able to switch watching each others children at the Temple Presidents house.  Perfect set up.  By the time we were done with the temple it was getting late and two boys in particular needed a nap, so we weren't able to spend time at the other church sights.  We are so excited to go back again and again.



On the way home we stopped at Duffs famous for its wings and then rocked out to our favorite songs in the car.  A little Ray Lamontagne, Foofighters, Adele and Civil War.  Singing at the top of our lungs and rocking our best dance moves.  We are possibly the coolest people ever.  Just saying.  The sunset was absolutely amazing.  Big fluffy clouds covering the whole sky turning deep purples and bright oranges and pinks.  I wish my pictures could capture the beauty.  But I guess that is the way life is.  I wish my words on this blog could capture the feelings and beauty of the weekend trip we had... but alas I don't think I am eloquent enough.  So I will have to rely on my memory and hope that these images and words can serve as a reminder of the feelings of joy and love that were felt.

3 comments:

Phil and Pat said...

Oh, Sadie, Daniel, Thomas and Lewis. That is such a great description of your trip to the temple. I love you guys and wish I could have been there to join you. Yes, you are one of the coolest couples I know, that's for sure!!

Kurt and Michelle said...

I miss you so much Sade! I REALLY want to make a trip out to see you, maybe Kurt can work his magic:)

Kylie said...

I am so jealous!! I miss Palmyra a lot. Go back and see the pageant next summer - you'll have to keep the boys up late but it will be worth it!