I know some dislike this day.
I feel so sad for them.
We hopefully ALL have somebody to love, and I don't just mean significant others.
It is a day to feel and show LOVE to all of the people in our lives that we feel grateful for.
Now I think that is something to celebrate! (Something I hope I can teach my children the importance of.)
So..... celebrate we did in a low key sort of way.
The boys woke up to a treasure hunt with a special just for them mom's date at the end.
For breakfast, pink milk, strawberry yogurt and strawberries in our oatmeal.
Dad left us all a special treat and love note.
T left us love notes in our mail boxes. He loved, loved, loved putting things in our boxes this year. We all felt of his love for us from his hand cut hearts with secret love messages. He loves writing and is getting really good at spelling on his own.
After breakfast we decorated sugar love cookies for friends.
We went to the children's museum with friends and made more valentines.
For dinner the boys helped in the kitchen, while Nat King Cole LOVE songs played on the record player. We had roast, potatoes, sautéed kale, strawberry italian cream sodas and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.
AMAZING!
The boys played in a basketball game against each other in our basement. Daniel was Lew's coach and I was Thomas's. T won both games. 5-0 and 5-3. He may be able to take Lew now but Lew has speed and defense on his side. Seriously they both have skills. Then we had a mini movie night before going to bed, exhausted with all of the gratitude and love we have in our lives.




No comments:
Post a Comment