Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PIZZA NIGHT






 



                   
Picture overload.  I can't help but add all of the pictures.  This night started out very normal.  Daniel was going to be gone for the evening and the boys and I were going to eat cereal or whatever leftovers were in the fridge, UNTIL, the boys said they wanted to make their own pizzas.  It turned into one of the sweetest nights with two very excited boys!  Because it was their idea they were totally into it and helped with every single step.  A night to remember.  NO fights.  NO complaints about the food.  PURE excitement and silliness.  

As a mother I know that my children need structure and need a schedule.  We all do better when we have our sleep and eat at regular times and know what to expect in our everyday lives.  My motherly thoughts tell me that on a night by myself I should do whatever is easy and low-key...... 

My natural instinct is to have fun and make memories.  I am always up for a good party and I am glad that I was able to go with my instinct this night and go with the flow.  Not only did we make a yummy dinner but, we made some fun knew memories!  They are growing up and turning into quite the duo of fun!  Not to mention the skills they are learning in the kitchen are sure to impress anyone!

Thomas has perfectionism in his blood.  Things have order.  Every process must be done a certain way.  He is a great helper and is ready to help when asked.  He thinks before he acts.  He created designs with his favorite toppings.  He is excited but, mature.

Lew is wild and free.  He was throwing toppings on he doesn't like and then giggling after it was cooked because he didn't want to eat them.  He is into taking silly silly pictures.  He grabbed a handful of pepperoni's, took a bite and then put them back into the bag.  He is relaxed and doesn't think about consequences just acts on his instincts.  He dances in the kitchen because he is so excited.  



2 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Oh how I miss you!! Your boys are so stinkin handsome, I love to hear about their personalities:) Love you! I am REALLY going to try and get back blogging too!

Tami said...

Sadie, I love how you write about your boys and being a mom! What a fun night for you and your boys