Sunday, May 18, 2014

RAIN RAIN


The other day I walked to pick up Thomas from school.  There were dark clouds in the sky threatening rain but no sign of it arriving anytime soon.
Lew was in the stroller wearing a superman costume and cape.
As soon as we made it to the top of the hill and we could see Thomas coming, the giant rain drops started falling from the sky.  Big Huge ones.  They were coming fast and hard.  We ran home and in the 2 minutes it took us, we were completely drenched from head to toe.  Except for Lew who was hidden under the stroller canopy.  Lucky duck!

We stayed out and splashed in it.
The boys ran around in the steam coming off the hot cement driveway.
We spun circles and tried to catch the drops on our tongues.
It soon died down and the boys got the chalk out.  Drawing race tracks for their hot wheels.
They rode their scooters and ran around just enjoying the moment.
I love these moments as a mom.
Unexpected.  Joyful.  Memorable.
I feel as if I have to write them down because I forget how amazing they are.
How fast my men grow and change.  I hope they never get too old to dance in the rain with me!



1 comment:

Kurt and Michelle said...

You are Such an amazing mom! Miss you like crazy!