Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Football


Have I mentioned that Thomas loves football?
He does.
As soon as he puts on his helmet he turns into a "football player" and a good one at that.
Today I was folding clothes on the bed and he ran in ready to play.
We tossed it back and forth for a few minutes and then he got distracted.  So I continued to fold clothes.
When I suddenly felt the football hit me square in the side of the face.
This isn't the first time or the last time.
But, it is the first time that I started crying real tears.
Yes you read that right.  I started to cry and I couldn't stop.
Thomas looked at me for a minute and then said, "Sad?"  In his "talking to baby voice"
Then he started to fake cry, and wipe his hands over his eyes.  Like you do when you sing the babies on the bus go wah, wah, wah.
Then he said, "funny!"
Then he asked me to pick him up on the bed.  I thought that he wanted to give me a hug and one of his fabulous kisses....
As I continued to fold clothes and cry I realized this wasn't what he had in mind.  I realized when the football hit me on the other side of the face that he just wanted to play football.
He had his helmet on and that makes him a "football player" and throwing football's is what "football players" do.

* NOTE.... Why I was crying remains a mystery to me.  The only explanation that I can give is that I am 39 weeks pregnant and I got 3 hours of sleep last night.  Plus the kid has an arm and it hurt.

6 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Sade- I have been waiting to hear if this baby has come yet??? I told Kurt I have got to make a trip down when he does decide to arrive, love you and miss you!

Aubrey said...

cry away! I have the same thing happen every once in a while (today) and I always wonder why. But then I'm actually grateful because sometimes a good cry feels oh, so good :) We'll be close to you in 2 1/2 weeks!

Amber said...

I've decided sometimes I cry when stuff like that happens because it's a little sad when your own child hurts you (even when you know very well that they don't do it on purpose). Maybe it is just knowing that it is just a precursor to teenage times. I don't know. Fun to know how much he likes football! He's such a cutie!

Unknown said...

I can't decide whether to say "oh sad" or "ha ha ha" This post was cute. Thomas is a cutie! good luck with your last few days of having one kid-two is crazy!(and fun)

miss you

d said...

That is hilarious!

Emily and Seth said...

That was so awesome to read! Maybe when he puts his helmet on, you should put one on too.