Monday, August 9, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

We celebrated a BIRTHDAY today.
The best kind of BIRTHDAY.
Today we welcomed LEWIS BARNLEY PACKER into the world.

In honor of his BIRTHDAY we ate cheesecake and of course celebrated him all day long.
We even made birthday cards for him the day before.  Hoping they would encourage him to join us for the party.  It worked.
If it hadn't of been Sunday we would of had colorful balloons to fill the room.

August 8, 2010.
The delivery was very fast and and quite unexpected.  I will spare you all the details... but lets just say I am glad we made it to the hospital and a doctor was able to deliver him.
Weighing in at 6 lbs 15 oz. and measuring 19 inches long.
He is perfect and healthy.
It never ceases to amaze me how miraculous and sacred this experience is.







I am humbled to be his mom.  Humbled to love and snuggle with him endlessly.  Humbled to laugh at the way his squeals.  Humbled to hold his long skinny fingers and tickle his toes to keep him awake during feedings.  I am humbled to be able to celebrate this special day with you Lew.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

14 comments:

Shari said...

Congrats! I am so excited for your cute family!

Aubrey said...

YAY SADIE! Congratulations! I've been thinking about you!

Sterling and Courtney said...

Congratulations! He is such a little handsome guy. We are very happy for all of you. I like the name Lewis too. You all look glad to have him here. Good luck with everything.
Love the Laws

Phil and Pat said...

Can't wait to see you guys and hold little Lewis. Hugs!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Sade- I love the name, so cute, he looks just like Thomas did as a baby, I can't wait to meet him. Sorry I missed your call tonight, we were at a family dinner but I will call you tomorrow, congrats, he is so adorable!

M said...

Congratulations! He is so cute!

Brittany Rigby said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well! He is adorable!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Sadie, im so happy he is finally here! I love the pictures, love the name! Wish i were closer! Glad everything went so well.

Britney said...

Congrats Sadie! I am so happy for you! He is adorable and your sweet family is so cute! Have fun with that newborn!

Kylie said...

Hooray! Congrats, he's adorable!

Sara Packer said...

I am truly so happy for you! He has his own little look. Isn't this life amazing! I'm feeling so grateful to be a mom lately. Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures. We love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Sadie! I'm so happy for you.

Lydia Story said...

Yeah! Congratulations, and welcome Lewis!

Emily and Seth said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you Sadie. Happy Birthday Lewis. I'm so glad he's healthy, and that it all went well.