Saturday, November 6, 2010
Beautiful Life
Today I went running for the first time post babe number two.
It was tough.
I would say that I made it 1.5 miles consistently running.
My whole life before this no matter how long it had been in between runs, I could always go at least three.
I felt like I had to re-teach my legs to stride out.
I felt like my lungs were going to burst.
I felt like my pelvic bone was crushing.
I kept spitting every other step. (thanks Morgan)
I wished that I had someone to run with. If they were talking to me it would help me to take my mind off of my "OLD" body.
I say "OLD" like that because I know I am not old. I should be in the prime of my life. Physically. Mentally. But, after two children I sometimes feel "OLD"
Then as I wogged (that is what we like to call a jog that is as slow as a walk) along, the song, "Beautiful Life" by none other than Ace of Base came on my little Mp3 player that Daniel got me for Christmas a few years back. (he was sick of me borrowing his Ipod and sticking it down my bra while I ran... because I didn't have any other place to put it)
Anyway, back to "Beautiful Life" and wogging. My feet didn't miraculously pick up quicker. My lungs didn't stop burning. But in my mind I stopped complaining about them and that made all the difference.
My road back to being considered a runner is going to be hard. I think the hardest part is going to be going again.
But for now I am super proud of myself.
Thanks Ace of Base. You are right. It really is a Beautiful Life!
*Note: that is a picture of me on top of Table Rock last summer. I was proud of myself then as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh how I wish I could be there running with you. I know the feeling of thinking you are going to die and you look down and notice you have only gone mile:( I have often found myself running, wishing you were by my side, talking to me, pushing me to keep going. I miss you so much, I hope I can see you soon. Call me if you come up for the holidays!
so proud of you to get out there and run! Ayla was 6months old before I excercied and I thought I was going to die. I'm up to 4miles now and I'm lifting weights too! But I still feel old, i'm grateful for my health, but I still feel pretty BLAH!
so keep up the good work! wish i could run with you, that would be so fun!
Oh my goodness I totally know what you are saying in these one! I ran a 5k last month and it was rough just working up to the 3 miles. I'm sad to say that I haven't run since the race, but I also found myself thinking that I wish I had someone to run with. It is so much easier when you do! It's also really hard for me to make the time to run with two kids. Keep up the good work and remember that I'm running with you in my dreams! ha ha
Post a Comment