Saturday, November 20, 2010

Simple and Joyful

These last few days have seemed hectic.
I participated in my first boutique.  Which was an experience.
It was really small with little traffic making it hard to sell anything.
Needless to say I knew the right people to call!
I had my lovely sister stay the night.
She is good company.
It is nice to be so comfortable with someone that you can just relax and not talk all the time.  That is how I am with her.  We just like being together.
Then I hosted a bridal shower for a friend/cousin?!
It was a fun little girls day.
I have been so busy that my boys have been watched by others for hours each day.  That never happens.  I am usually always with them.
It was a nice break to be away.
BUT....
It has been even nicer to come home to them, my men, and get back to our SIMPLE yet JOYFUL life.
I got to bathe them.
I got to read story books.
I got to snap pictures of D and T in the snow.
Yes, that is right it officially snowed here and stuck to the ground.
They looked so cute making snow angels and throwing snowballs at each other.
They even made a snowman.  Almonds made up his eyes nose and mouth.  We didn't have anything else.
I even laughed until I cried today.  I don't know if that has ever happened before.  Thomas found himself a girlfriend at McDonalds.  They loved each other.  It was so cute and apparently funny all at the same time.

I get to be the mom and the wife again.  I get to do the things that I love.  The things that make my life what it is.  Simple and Joyful.




2 comments:

Morgan said...

i do know that you have laughed until you cried. i have seen it. i don't have a date-just believe me. =)
and i hope you sold lots of cute boutique-y things.
hugs

Phil and Pat said...

Happiest snowman I ever saw!
So fun to be with you two last week. And, your kids, of course!!