Saturday, November 13, 2010

Perfectly Chilled


Today I am chilled to the bone and warmed in my heart.
I am perfectly chilled.

We took family pictures.
I am so excited to see how they turned out.
It was cold outside.
Bone chillingly cold.
I thought it was fun to pick out outfits.  I don't think the boys cared.
We threw leaves.  The vibrant yellows glittered in the sunlight.
Acted shy?!
Smiled.  Made faces.
Ate marshmallows.
Held hands... even kissed.
It warmed my heart to make memories of "my men"
I cherish all of the small and simple things about them.   
Someday my memory might fail me... but I forever want to remember.  I loved capturing some of these things on film.

Then we came home.  All of my men snuggled under blankets and drifted off to dreamland.
I sat up to the sewing machine with my trusty old rice pack and worked on some "lovelies" for the Boutique this weekend.  I am super excited.  (check previous post for more info)
Now I am off to go and make some nice hot soup to devour for dinner.  I wish it would make itself.  I would like to drift off to dreamland as well.  To dream about his absolutely perfect chilled day that I got to spend with my men.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Okay, I really like the poetix way in which you wrote that post, but obviously, my favorite post of the century was....................
YOU WOGGING! HAHAHAHA! I AM USING THAT AS A WORD NOW! Oh man...you cute thing. Way to go with your 1.5 miles. It's tough for a little bit. Hang in there. I feel old too...like, mega old. But you can beat it! You want me to quote Gumke, I will....
And thanks for the spitting shout out-thats my girl. =)

Morgan said...

*poetic. oops.

Kurt and Michelle said...

I can't wait to see some family pics, I love doing that. Miss you