* I feel like I have been posting like crazy these last few days. I just keep having all of these experiences that I want to remember. Maybe the overload is because we were gone on such a long Holiday Hiatus.
Last night Daniel was at class late.
Thomas was in his bedroom playing quietly while I was on our couch feeding Lewis and watching Dan in Real Life.
I heard the door knob turn. I wasn't expecting Daniel yet so I yelped in shock, "Oh hey, I didn't expect you home yet." As I saw another man enter into my house.
My first reaction was to cover up. Remember I was feeding the babe. And I was not covered.
I even think that I apologized to this strange man for "flashing him" if you will.
Then as he mumbled an apology he walked in and started to take off his shoes.
Um... Seriously?
I then thought he might of been a friend of Daniel's that brought Daniel home from class early.
I heard myself asking him, "Can I ask, who are you?"
He turned to me. Looked at his phone. Then said, "Is this not apartment D 103"
"NO"
He apologized. Slipped his feet back in his shoes. Turned around. Opened the door. and Left.
All of this took place in a matter of seconds.
I felt my face turning bright red as I sat there assessing the situation. Partially because I had just "flashed" this man. Partially because I was so upset that a stranger had just walked into my house so freely. He made me feel so uncomfortable in a place that is suppose to be my safe haven.
Something has got to change.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
That is such a crazy story Sadie. Maybe you will start locking your door more, huh? Since living in AZ we have always locked our doors, even when we are home. Thank goodness he wasn't really a bad guy and that you were in the front room. That would have been even more shocking to have him come back in the bedrooms or something. Ha ha.:)
What did Daniel think?
Oh my scary! I would have been freaking out! That seems so creepy that he didn't say anything??? I am glad you guys are okay. LOCK those doors, after living in Caldwell I have always locked my doors when I am home, I freaked myself out being home alone so much!!
um...what the...??? You are lucky that guy wasn't some psycho. Reminds me of a time right after we were married, I was home alone still lounging in bed when I heard the back door open and a bunch of footsteps. Some kid peeked into the bedroom and saw me in there and they all ran out. There were probably 3 kids. Who knows what they were doing, but then didn't think anyone was home, obviously. Since then, I usually lock my doors. Plus, I have Harvey to warn me if anything suspicious is going on outside.
I am glad you guys are okay. Kind of makes you feel sick to think about what could've happened.
*Love Dan in Real Life
So glad you are ok, Sadie! My heart would have been pounding out of my chest!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
glad he was just some dumby. (i mean, seriously, he sees you are nursing your baby, and keeps on coming right in your house?!) instead of someone scary.
glad you are okay!
lock up!
Scary!!! Why would he not knock? And why would he keep coming in even though he obviously didn't recognize you? That is so freaky. I'm glad it turned out ok!
Oh my goodness!! I was expecting you to tell me it was a dream after all. What a crazy thing.
CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment