Some of the greatest conversations and laughs we had at my house growing up took place on my parents bed.
That is right.
We use to migrate into my parents room and climb into bed with my mom and dad and solve all of the worlds problems. Or maybe just our own simple teenage problems that seemed to be as big as the world.
I also have memories of my mom and sisters and I after shopping coming home and re-trying everything back on for hours and laughing and talking while sitting on my parents bed.
The time that we spent laughing and crying and solving problems on that bed in a way represents the relationship that I have with my parents and siblings.
Relationships and memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Now that I am the mom and it is my bed, I hope to have these same relationships built and the same memories made and so we continue to migrate to "mom and dads" bed.
We spend time pillow fighting and dancing.
We spend time reading and sleeping.... I wish there was more sleeping.
We spend a lot of time playing hide and seek on the bed. The pillows are a favorite place of Thomas's.
Most importantly we are laughing and making our own memories.
Hopefully my boys remember these comfortable feelings and as they grow up know that they will always be able to come to us and talk about life and all of its problems. Just like I use to with my parents.




1 comment:
oh my heck i miss you guys! this is a great post!
-love, sam
Post a Comment