Friday, February 4, 2011

Body Image

D and I cross country skiing over christmas break.  

I found this article today.
I LOVE IT.
I have been thinking about this subject a lot lately and feel that she was able to state everything that I have wanted to say.
I feel so strongly about the way we perceive ourselves.
I wish that everyone especially women who are mothers could read this article.
How can we teach our children how truly amazing and special their bodies are if we don't believe it ourselves.
I hope that we can all take to heart the 7 steps that she mentioned in her article.
Really learn to appreciate our amazing and special bodies and learn to respect them and treat them properly so they can function to their full potential.  Feed them properly.  Exercise them properly.  Rest them properly.

1 comment:

Becky said...

So true. I went to a stake thing on Self Worth last Saturday. It was so good. It's always good to get a refresher on that topic.
I love that picture of you guys by the way.
Love you, still waiting for the call for us to come babysit for you guys. So, you can go out.