Yesterday we ventured out in the rain and wind to the "big" town of Brigham City.
ok ok it isn't very big but it had something BIG going on yesterday.
There is a new LDS temple being built there and yesterday they were placing the Angel Moroni on the top.
So exciting. 5 years ago I missed my economics class on a Thursday morning and stood with Daniel and my siblings in the wind and rain and watched them place the Angel Moroni on top of the Rexburg Temple. Although it was a much colder day, the feelings were similar.
We showed up with tons of other excited observers as the rain poured down. They all remembered their umbrellas. What were we thinking?
After waiting and waiting and waiting. And watching the crane go up and down, up and down. We saw that they undid the crane from the Angel and word spread. It was cancelled because of the wind until further notice. It was pretty disappointing.
It helped to pass the time having spiderman make a special appearance on the big day. He genuinely believes he is spiderman with these goggles on and I LOVE IT.
Fortunately after going to get gas, and dropping the boys off at Big D's work so he could take them for the afternoon while I attended a funeral, and of course a little stop at our favorite play place the boys were able to see them screwing in the Angel on their way back home.
*Also today is a very big day for my lovely little blog. This is my 200th post in 3 years. Daniel started the blog for me 3 years ago thinking it would be a good creative outlet. At first I wasn't so sure about the whole thing. But, I tried to embrace my inner journaling self and this is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy it and plan on sticking around for 200 more posts!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love that picture of you holding Lewis so so cute!!
Post a Comment