Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gentle Reminders

Occasionally I get caught up in my busy happy life.  (check previous post)
Occasionally it takes a gentle reminder to slow me down.   
To slow me down enough to remember to pray for thanks.
To slow me down enough to remember to love and show it.
To slow me down enough to become the person I need to be.
I wish that I did this all on my own.  I wish that I didn't need reminders.  But, I am only human and so I will take the reminders and learn from them. 
Learn to serve more.
Learn to laugh more.
Learn to hug and kiss more.
Learn to appreciate more.
Learn to dance more.
Learn to balance and use my time wisely.
Learn to be... something that is going to be a life long process.

Learn to enjoy all of the moments in life before they pass me by.

Like capturing moments of Lewis climbing everything in sight.  Seriously when did he get big enough to do that?



Like watching these two learn to play together and be brothers.  Something that I hope they can enjoy and cherish. 


Like playing with these two at the splash park and learning about their very different personalities.  Thomas is much more timid and only does things on his time. He needs a little encouragement but will not be forced.  Lewis is more brave and content just hanging out.  He is easily entertained and didn't mind just looking at the water come out. 


Like spending time as a family at the cabin.  Taking hikes, roasting hot dogs and mallows, and riding in the back of grandpas trusty blue truck. 


3 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

I am in love with that cute picture of your family, it was so fun seeing you we really need to do a girls weekend!!

Lydia Story said...

I agree with Michelle, your family picture in front of the cabin is sure precious. And I love the turquoise lamp!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

I always love your posts. You have a healthy perspective and I admire your balance. We still need to catch up with each other. Let me know when you have a free moment. Would love to catch up.