Monday, February 6, 2012

Dear Thomas.










You rock our world.
You are hilarious and so smart.  The things that you say are so logical and well above a three year olds age level.  Your spirit is already so mature.
You are goofy all at the same time.  Just like dad.  Maybe a little nerdy.  Just like mom.
You are kind.
You are a little shy.  Yet so confident at the same time.  A perfect combination.
You still take a nap each day.  Which I am totally grateful for.
You love being a superhero and usually have some sort of mask on your sweet face or a sword in your hand.
You are so athletic and can run, throw and kick like a mad man.
You are so determined.  If you have your mind on something it is impossible to to change it.
You push boundaries to learn how far is too far.  Once you figure it out you are so well behaved.
You are a fun friend to have around.
You like to help me in the kitchen.  To do laundry.  Unload the dishwasher.  Vacuum.  Wipe down anything.
You love the I-touch.
You ask great questions.  Constantly thinking about things.
You love Kipper, Arthur, Caillou, Power Rangers and Spiderman tv shows on Netflix.
You have a recent obsession with coloring.  You are so talented.
Your mind goes 100 miles a minute.  You want to do everything and be everything.
You love people and hate being alone.  We are working on finding a quiet place to rejuvenate.
You love playing board games.  We are working on the patience to finish them.
You are too busy to eat your meals.  And often go to bed hungry.  Will you figure it out?
You are handsome.
You love the foo fighters.  They are a guys band.
You love the scriptures and ask me often about Abinadi.
You get to go the dentist this week for the first time.  You are beyond excited.
You regularly sit by me, give me a hug and a kiss, (overly puckered mini lips) and say to me, "Mom, tell me about your day."
You make our lives better.
You bring perspective to our lives.
You keep us on our toes and teach us daily.  Sometimes more then we bargained for!
I love you more everyday.
xox mom/babe/sadie


3 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

I LOVE LOVE this idea, I might just have to do it myself! I love reflecting on the amazing qualities of the people in our lives:)

Aubrey said...

I love you and I love him. Sounds like a crack up. Still takes a nap?! LUCKY! Oh girls (Sade and I see Michelle's comment over there too) I so wish we (i) didn't live so far away! I miss you guys, we've got to reunite!

Sara Packer said...

I haven't been on here forever and Thomas is so grown up! What a great guy!! I can't wait to see him and the rest of you soon.