Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"A Mother Heart"



This last year took a toll on me.  I have felt as if I needed a renewed perspective as a mother.  
After having the babe and starting a new year I felt as if there was no better time then now.  
I decided to get back to the basics.  Cut things from our life that distract us.  Study in the scriptures about mothers and women of faith.  Looking for characteristics and examples of women that are disciples of Christ.  Something I strive to be.  
I found a talk by Julie B. Beck called "A Mother Heart"
I fell in love with the title immediately.  It became my motto, if you will, something that I hope can define me. Here is an excerpt from the talk.  

"Oh, that every girl and woman would have a testimony of her potential for eternal motherhood as she keeps her earthly covenants. “Each is a beloved … daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine … destiny” (“The Family: A Proclamation to the World”). As spirit daughters of God, women “received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth” (D&C 138:56) on the earth. They were among the “noble and great ones” (D&C 138:55) who “shouted for joy” (Job 38:7) at the creation of the earth because they would be given a physical body with the opportunity to be proven in a mortal sphere (see Abr. 3:25). They wished to work side by side with righteous men to accomplish eternal goals that neither can attain independently.
Female roles did not begin on earth, and they do not end here. A woman who treasures motherhood on earth will treasure motherhood in the world to come, and “where [her] treasure is, there will [her] heart be also” (Matt. 6:21)."  -Julie B. Beck


I am learning a lot in my studies and as I ponder this amazing role, that I "prepared" for and "shouted for joy" to come to this earth to receive,  I have searched what it means to have a "MOTHER HEART" I have come across words like...
nurturer
educated- teaches
a sense of identity and purpose
covenant keeping daughter of God
worketh with her hands
strong testimony of our Savior
goodly parent
priced above rubies
delights in serving
openeth mouth with wisdom



I am having good days and bad days as a mom.  I am not perfect.  
But...
I do know that I chose this. 
I do know that this is a divine calling.
I do know that through the enabling power of the atonement I can turn to my savior for help daily.  
I do know that I treasure my children. 
I do know that they fill my heart with joy.  
I do know that today my "MOTHER HEART" is full.  Full of love and hope for my men!








No comments: