Friday, February 6, 2015

Dear Thomas




My darling.
You have grown up so much.
You are six years and 252 days old.
You are getting taller every single day.  Those growth spurts are doing a number on your legs at night.
You are still so sweet.  You hold my hand when we walk together.  You love taking care of your baby brother.  Your baby talk voice is the cutest.  "Hey sweety"  I can hear you saying it now!  You love dressing him and helping to change his diaper.  You think that every face he makes is the cutest and you have to tell us about everything!
You are in the 1st grade.  You love school.  You love the organized scheduled environment with constant entertainment.  You have so many friends.  You love recess and get so excited about eating school lunch.  I think it is weird, but you are your fathers son.  You are doing really well and I love to see all of your hard work and efforts produce such quality work.  You are learning so much.  More than just math and spelling.  The only thing you seem to really struggle with is talking too much.  My little social one.
You love eating.  You eat more than I do most nights at dinner.  I love that you are willing to try everything at least once.  Thank you for not being picky.
You love drawing and coloring and painting.  Quite the artist.  You really are talented and come up with amazing creations.  You just helped me with a paint by number of horses.  You may have stained one of your shirts and spilled black paint all over our rug... all for the sake of creativity I guess.  (I only say that because I hate the rug and can't wait to throw it away)
You are playing basketball right now.  You get so excited for your games each week.  You love that you get your very own jersey.  Number 4.  Your team is the Oklahoma Sooners.  One boy you played against had a mouth piece... that is all you talked about that day.  You really want to impress your dad.  You look up to him a lot.  That is a great thing.  He is a good guy to look up to.  Just remember we are proud of you always and just want you to do things you enjoy doing.  Don't ever do it for us.  You are amazing at defense.  Very intense.  It has been fun to see you grow and improve throughout the season.  Remember to be teachable.  There is a lot to learn in life.  You have been playing basketball in your bedroom every night before bed in your Paul Millsap jersey.  You always have to be dressed in the appropriate sports attire.  You are particular and appearance is important to you.
You love playing outside in the snow with friends after school.  You sled.  Build snowmen.  Jump off the deck.  Shovel.  Sled some more.  It doesn't matter what the temperature is, you would stay out there all day.  You are a great friend.  That is a great quality.
You are one determined boy.
You have a strong will and sweet spirit all at once.
You hate to be told no.
You always want to be in control.
You act much older than your age.  I expect too much out of you because of this.  I really try not too.  I am learning just like you are.  Please continue to be patient and forgive me.  I need it.
You love to have your legs rubbed before bed.
You hate when I suggest reading when you are bored.  But, read very well.
You are high energy constantly.  You almost never sit still for a few consecutive minutes.
You have a sweet testimony of the doctrines of the gospel.  You say the most sincere prayers.
You are quite the helper.  You empty the dishwasher.  Make your bed.  "clean" your room.  Organize the basement toys.  You love to organize.  You run errands around the house for me and hardly ever complain when you are asked.
You made me a mother for the first time.  I felt instant unconditional love for the first time when you came into my world.  I will never forget that moment of holding you for the first time.  You are my world.  I learn so much because of you and I will be forever grateful for you because of that.  I adore your chipmunk laugh.  I adore your creativeness.  I adore your passion and energy for life, even if I can't always keep up.  I adore you.
I love you more everyday.
xox-  Momma



No comments: