Friday, February 6, 2015

Dear Lewis





Honey Love.
You are quite the 4 year old.  Anytime you see or hear the number 4 you make sure to tell us that is how old you are.
You my friend are quite the boy.  I love spending time with you day in and day out.
You have been the perfect companion to have during these last months of change.  You are so easy going and laid back and can entertain yourself for hours.  It is really a blessing.
You have quite the imagination.  You are sitting behind me right now surrounded by Captain America, Leonardo, and two knights.  You have a continual conversation going on with your guys and you are a pro at making all of the right sound effects.
At dinner time you are so so silly about eating.  You don't like anything until we actually convince you to try it.  Every night the same thing.  Although you did tell me that you like pizza and green things because ninja turtles are green and they eat pizza.
Speaking of Ninja Turtles.  You love them.  You might be slightly obsessed with them.  Your favorite one changes daily.  I guess it just depends on your mood.  You and your best friend Seamus dress up and can play Ninja Turtles for hours.  Very sweet.  You have all of the characters and the van.  You carry around a pamphlet that came with one of your toys.  It is an advertisement for all of the other ninja turtle stuff available.  You call it your map.  The other day we looked at it for hours.  Just talking about everything you loved and wanted/needed!
You love playing outside in the snow.  You love coming inside for hot chocolate even more!
You are learning your letters and are getting really interested in writing and drawing.  I love the guys that you draw.  The eyes are my favorite.  You concentrate so hard.
Every question that you are asked you answer, "GOOD"  Life is just good.
You are so sensitive and sweet.  You often stop just for a hug or a snuggle.  You give the best kisses.  Puckered little sweet lips!
You love reading stories with me.  Right now your favorite is a christmas I spy book.
You have the hardest head and often bonk us with it.  Painful.
You are pretty patient and content in life but if someone makes you mad, then they better watch out. (Thomas)  You have a fire inside of you.
You hate being asked to help clean something up.  You usually just tell me that you can't and walk away.  We are still working on that.  Hard work never hurt anyone.  Plus all of our hands are needed to make our house work!  You do empty the utensils and make your bed most days.
You are ridiculously coordinated.  You are so brave and do the craziest tricks with your body.  You climb up everything and of course jump off once you get to the top.  We can't go to a play place without some mom freaking out about your one of your stunts.  I am use to it by now.  Your stunts and other mothers reactions.
You still sleep with magic.
Your favorite animals are monkeys.
You have the most beautiful green/gray eyes.  Snuffy eye lashes included.
You are totally into potty words.  Seriously what is so funny about them.  I don't think I will ever understand that one.
You love and adore your baby brother.  You always want to "see his face" and give him hundreds of kisses a day.  This morning I found him with nutella on his head after one of your beloved kisses.
You love bagels with nutella and fruit loops are hugely popular right now.
You still love to dress up.  I love that you still do.  Please don't grow out of that.  Well I guess at least not for a few more years.  Stay this sweet and innocent.  Living in a world of super heroes.  It is quite the perfect life I believe.
You my friend have blessed my life.  You bring love and happiness into our home.  You bring a calmness that is needed.  I adore you.  You melt my heart.
I love you more everyday.
xox-  momma

No comments: