Wednesday, April 15, 2009

FLOWERS


I am so excited about this. I love FLOWERS so much and I finally am growing some of my own. My sister in law Sara told me about these amazing Jiffy green houses that are so so easy. Trust me if I can do it...anyone can do it. You can keep them in your house until you want to transplant them. I can't believe how fast the flowers popped up with really no work at all in only a few days. I planted dahlias, daisies, hollyhocks, zinnias, and of course tomatoes. This is the first time I have planted anything on my own (don't get me wrong I grew up weeding my parents garden every summer... "15 minutes a day keeps the weeds away") and I hopefully will learn a lot and get some beautiful flowers and delicious tomatoes out of it!

5 comments:

Chantell Hammond said...

Sadie, that is hilarious! I'm doing the same thing, and I keep laughing at myself because this is so addicting! I started with tomatoes and a few flowers, now I suddenly have an entire garden of veggies, and enough flowers to carpet my lawn in! I'm out of control. I never knew watching something grow could honestly be anything close to entertaining, but I'm addicted. Good luck with your flowers! It was so fun to find your blog!

Seth and Emily said...

That's so great Sadie! I want to do that too this summer. Did you go to a garden center to get yours? I am dealing with transplanting perennial flowers that have just come up in odd places in our yard. I am trying to get them all into the flower beds. I love spring!

megan said...

Hey Sadie!! I love your blog! I just found it through Leslis. I'll have to try your new gardening technique because my tomatoes aren't making it haha!

Kurt and Michelle said...

I need to get going on that gardening stuff...you really can do a lot with it. I love the flowers too, they always seem to brighten up my day.

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

Thanks Sadie!
I'm glad you commented, I'm gonna add you to my blog. Honestly anyone can decorate cakes you just have to practice alot.

You have such a cute family! Its so fun to see where everyone is in life and their kids and everything. How are you guys doing?