I hope that this recipe brings happiness to all and maybe even a few kisses from the Mr.
Cinnamon Roll Love.... Recipe from the Kitchen of Mary Ann Dunn (She is the Queen)
in a large bowl combine
1 can evaporated milk
1 can (same can as the evaporated milk) hot water
3/4 cup oil (any kind... vegetable or canola)
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp yeast
keep the above ingredients warm until it reacts completely... may take up to an hour (I sometimes fill the sink with HOT water and place the bowl in there to keep it warm)
Then add 5 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
mix it all up then add
4 eggs
2 more cups of flour (add more if needed for the right texture. SOFT dough, not glossy, not too sticky) This is key you don't want to over mix and make the mixture stiff. You want them light and flaky.
Let rise for 1.5 hours or until dough has doubled
Then Roll out on a buttered counter top into a rectangle depending on the thickness desired
Spread soft butter over the dough
Add as much cinnamon and sugar as desired... quite a bit
Roll up dough and cut
Let rise again in the pan (buttered) until doubled
Bake 350 for 20 minutes (I over cooked mine in this picture so maybe go a few minutes less and then do more if needed)
* I use this recipe for regular rolls as well
* I use regular all purpose flour... never tried anything different don't know how adding wheat would turn out
* For frosting I just mix powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla (but the other day I did a caramel topping and they were divine)
*these take a lot of time because of all the rising... but if you have the time they ARE worth it. They also can be made in advance and then frozen to be used at a later time.
*DON'T laugh because I like really detailed recipes... so when I give them that is what you get as well.




4 comments:
I love cinnamon rolls! I will add these to my "to make" list! But anytime you want to share ones you've made I will gladly walk across the yard to get one!
Yum! Maybe I will just come and eat some at your house so I don't eat the whole batch:)
I can't wait to try them. They look so yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.
Thanks Sadie,
Next time you see me I will look like a whole different person from eating these daily. j/k I've heard rave reviews about these puppies. I'm excited to try this recipe.
Post a Comment