Thursday, November 5, 2009

so COOL

Yesterday I tried to be "COOL"
Some would say that I am a nerd for doing what I did.
But, I thought it was a fabulous idea.
Alisa, Mom and I jumped in the car and headed to SLC for a book-signing.
Not just any book signing... Pioneer Woman's NEW cookbook signing.
(I am sure you all think I am real "cool" now)
Well I think I am, and I was excited.  I wanted to meet this lady that cooks up a storm and has hilarious stories to go along with everything.  I really wanted to meet her and just breathe some of the same domestic air she breathes.  I wanted to be on her blog...Daniel even said he would pay me 50 dollars if I could be that cool.  

Oh how I thought we had it all planned out. 
Pick Alisa up from work, check.  Map Quest the bookstore where the signing was to be held, check.  Chocolate for the car, check.  Girly, Girls Just Want to Have Fun music, check.  Make sure someone is watching the man child at home, check. Cute shoes, check. We had it all right?
That's what we thought until we showed up at the quaint bookstore and saw a HUGE line.  
People had been lining up since the night before to hear her speak and get their books signed. 
WE HAD NO IDEA this woman was so famous in SLC.
After lining up for a few minutes and getting the scoop, we learned we could be there until 1 in the morning with still the possibility of her leaving as soon as it became our turn.  I know that would be just our luck and so we did what any other "COOL" person would do.... we left.  
Our dreams of meeting this woman extraordinaire were dashed.  Now we would never be as "cool" as she is.  At least that is what we thought until we started driving around Sugar House and all of our thoughts were turned to these beautiful original houses that I WOULD DIE to live in.  (is that a bit extreme?)  Then we ate fish tacos are Rubios and we were completely happy with the decision that we had made.  (plus I got to see the Yankees win the World Series and that definitely wouldn't of happened if we had stayed to see P.W)


Plus the trip wasn't a complete waste because today we were able to spend some time in my favorite store of all times....ANTHROPOLOGIE.  Just being in there makes me happy.  The colors, the fabrics, the dishes oh the dishes, the smells, the books, and today I was able to purchase some knobs to go on a hutch that we just inherited from Daniels Great Grandma.  I love the sentiment that comes with things you inherit.  That is why I didn't want to completely redo the whole hutch.  I just felt that it needed a slight face lift.  Here the beauty is (I didn't dare show the whole thing because it is messy, can you believe that?) I figured this would help you get the idea.



Here is a close up on the handles.



Here is the final product.  Nothing fancy.  It still has it's timeless beauty but a little more color and maybe a more modern look.  I bet you can't tell that I don't have a ra-ra on and that I have a face mask on in this picture, can you?  Well both of those things are true, as well as the fact that I have my birds (that Thomas loves) in there from my Great Grandma that are one of my favorite aqua colors.  


As far as me being really cool and meeting P.W. I wasn't very successful.  As far as me having a fabulous time with two fabulous women that I Love.... I would count this girls trip a success.  Even if I did miss my Man and Man Child like crazy.   

3 comments:

Andy said...

SO it sounds like it was a good trip! But is Daniel the man child? haha

-Andy

Kurt and Michelle said...

Seriously that sounds just like something I would do! I love the hutch, and the new knobs you put on, so so cute!

Kurt and Michelle said...

P.S. I KNOW what a ra ra is and no I can't tell:)