Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day two in St. George/Zions National Park

We woke up bright and early and enjoyed our breakfast with all of our friends we made at the hotel.  All the older couples that were in St. George to golf, fell madly in love with our boys.  We had friends everywhere.  Mostly because we could do a lot of the same activities.  Daniel and I decided we are ready to retire in St. George... or do you think it is too early to be thinking that way?
After breakfast we hopped in the adams family car and headed to Zions.  Listening to the perfect road trip music...Ray Lamontagne, Jack Johnson and a little Rascall Flatts.  Can you tell who chose what?!
We spent the afternoon hiking, picnicking  and basking in the sunlight.  GLORIOUS.  






The Trail was perfect for us, we were able to push the stroller the whole way.  We were even able to carry the banana and string cheese.  Two very important things apparently. 


 Found these cool stacks of rocks.... Thomas making his own.  Found out later they are called Cairns.  



After running most of the way at full speed Thomas finally wore out towards the end and decided that dads shoulders made a great spot to rest.  


Even the roads were red.  Loved it.


Would love to go back when there is foliage on the trees.  Things looked a little dead although still incredible.  


Loved Zions and would love to go back and really hike and explore.  Like I mentioned before I would love to go back and see it at a different time of year.  Maybe when it is in full bloom.  You know what I mean.
I think it is the perfect place for everyone... trails to push strollers or even wheel chairs on and then some intense hikes like the narrows for those that are more advanced.  Here is to hoping that we get to return soon.

*NOTE:  More tomorrow.  My favorite part of the whole trip.  Trust me it can get better than this!

1 comment:

Ashley Aikele said...

I LOVE zions! One of my all time favorite places. So fun!