Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. George Finale

I know you have all be waiting to see what my favorite part of our fun filled family get away could possibly be.
Well I will tell you one thing it wasn't the food.  Although we did eat some pretty delicious things.  Really loved eating at some of the local joints.  Pastrami burgers, glaciers, and enchiladas.  Even Lewis decided he liked real food on this trip.  That is right he loves fries and ice cream.  He's got his daddy's love for salt and mommas love for sweet.  ok... enough of this not only is it making me hungry but, this wasn't what this post is supposed to be about.


I really wanted to tell you that my favorite part of our trip was when we were able to go to the St. George Temple Visitors Center the last night that we were there.
After a perfectly wonderful few days away with all of the men in my life that I love the most.  Laughing, swimming, hanging out, eating, hiking, playing, loving and enjoying each other the icing on the cake was knowing that we are an eternal family.  Knowing that families are central to Gods plan.  That all of this time and effort that we put into our small family whether it be going on these small family getaways or reading our scriptures each morning together, are helping us to learn and to grow and to become the people that the Lord wants and needs us to be.


In a movie that we watched about families they make three points that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE.
Three things to teach our children:
1.  They are loved.
2.  They are children of God.
3.  That families can be together forever.
As we walked around the temple afterwards it was the perfect temperature and my heart was full of peace and true joy.  I knew that what I had just learned was true and I knew that I loved my men more then anything.  I am so happy to be their mom and wife.  I am so happy to keep house for them.  I am so happy to play "sports" with them.  I am so happy to laugh with them.  I am so happy to do everything I do for them because I have faith in the outcome.  I know that my efforts will help them to become great men.
I AM SO HAPPY because we are an eternal family and will continue to work on being one.

* to learn more about eternal families go here.

4 comments:

the Virgins said...

Hey sadie! First of all, I havent seen you in forever. I watched one of our home videos awhile ago and there are so many with us being SO weird lol!! One of them was us playing bball in our front yard with my brothers and we were SO serious, saying "ball ball ball ball" everytime we were defending them. lol I was laughing so hard! I miss you!
Second.. I loved your post! It is always such a good feeling to go to the temple and to remember why we are here on this earth...so Thank you for your post! :)
Your little boys are so cute!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Love all the St. George pics, it makes me want to go somewhere warm where I can go swimming:) Loved this post the most, the temple grounds have such a peaceful feeling, sometimes I go walk around them just to feel that peace, love you!

Britt and Chad said...

I love your family picture!! What a cute mommy you are.

Amber said...

I SO wish I had your outlook on life. I love that I can be with my family forever, but it seems I am always looking forward and not living in the here and now. And to be happy to keep house for them? Well....I'm not sure that will ever happen. You are so great! Keep up the wonderful posts!