Friday, July 29, 2011

wishes in the water


Yesterday Daniel and I were planning on getting a friend to watch the boys so we could go on a much needed hot date.
Everything was planned and then Thomas came down with a fever.
We decided to cancel.  lame.
Instead we went to our new favorite park and enjoyed a relaxing evening as a family of four.
We ate dinner on a blanket.  With a few grumpy moments.  Remember T didn't feel well.
We played on the playground.
We sat on "the perfect" bench in the shade.
We threw rocks into the water and listened to the stream running by.  After Lew would throw a rock he would say "uh- oh" and look in the water to pick it back up.
As we were about to leave we all threw in one last rock and made a wish in the water.
I had a really hard time thinking of a wish when the moment seemed so perfect.
My life seemed so good.
So happy.
So hopeful.
One of those moments.  I felt blessed and decided that a new purse, or haircut were probably silly to wish for when in that moment I felt like I had it all.
So I wished for something that I knew would come true.  Something that I love more than anything.  The only thing that could of made that moment better.
Kisses from all of my men....
As I laid in bed last night after having my wish come true I said a little prayer of gratitude for that small moment that I not only had at the park, but for the kiss that I shared with each of the men in my life!

Today as I cleaned the house and others around me were grumpy, because I wasn't paying much attention to them, and my life didn't seem so perfect I was grateful for moments that help me to see the happy, hopeful, and good in my life.

1 comment:

Kurt and Michelle said...

We soooo need those moments as moms/wives I think they keep us going:) I miss you!