Sunday, November 1, 2009

HOME

The word HOME to me means so much more then just the place that I live.  
Today as I gathered with many woman and discussed this matter there was a list that was drawn up.
This list compared and paralleled our HOMES to TEMPLES.  
Some of the principles we learn about in the TEMPLES that should be applied in our homes are:
1. A place of GATHERING. 
prayer.. learning...counsel...work....play....dinner...
2.  The pace should be set by the slowest member in the group.
 no need to RUSH everything we do (and become stressed because there is always someplace to be and something to do)
3.  The JOY of REUNION.
 we all need a little after work smooch and a "honey how was your day?"
4.  What we do with our hands is as important as what we say with our lips. 
I have a HUGE thing with HANDS and I think that our HANDS tell a STORY and should tell a patient, hardworking, loving story.
5. A place to LEARN our TRUE IDENTITY.
I LOVE this one.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I am a child of GOD.
That I am LOVED.
That I have a family that can be together FOREVER.  
Below is a picture of a favorite temple of mine.
The temple in Hawaii.




It was there that I gained a greater testimony of these things that I was taught in my own HOME.


As women it is our place and calling to be the CREATORS in our homes.  
I am excited to CREATE this feeling of sacredness in my home for my family by doing
a few other things that were discussed today that I loved and hope help others.
 As WOMEN we can
1. ORGANIZE our homes
2. SEPARATE the LIGHT from the DARK
3. Bring BEAUTY and VARIETY into our homes
4. Bring LIFE and then give NOURISHMENT to the life (both physically and spiritually)
5. REST
6. COMMUNICATE with the Lord by returning and reporting




5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Sadie, you make me miss Relief Society. Those were wonderful thoughts- thanks for sharing

Becca said...

Thanks Sadie! It was so wonderful to hear from you. Your family is adorable. You're lovely. Thank you for this sweet post. Keep in touch. Much love...

Anonymous said...

Wow, like I said, you always lift my spirits. It was nice to think about setting the pace to accommodate the slowest member of the family.Thanks for your thoughts on that.

Kurt and Michelle said...

Such a great post! I love all of your wonderful insights. I was wanting to get together and do something fun but I have been having a hard time thinking of what we could do with the kids in this cold weather:( Do you have any ideas, I will call you this week! Love you

Cheney's said...

Thank you for sharing those thoughts. They are wonderful!

Oh and I'm not really a pro on my hair. :) I just know what I want it to look like. I did find a girl in Rexburg who did a very good job so I got it cut twice by her, but I'm not there anymore so I'm back to cutting it on my own again. :)