Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blogland

I sometimes ask myself why I blog when....
There are all of these very talented and amazingly gifted bloggers out there.
They all seem to have the best cameras and take professional pictures.
They all seem to write perfectly profound words that inspire.
They all seem to cook amazing foods.  Sew amazing attire/quilts.
They all seem to dress to perfection.
They have such impeccable taste.  There homes are immaculate and perfectly decorated all the time?!
They are super moms.  Super women and to make it even worse they all seem to be best friends.
Who are "THEY" anyway?
Well whoever they are, they sure make me feel inadequate and question my blogging abilities.  I seem to get stuck in a rut because I feel like if I am not "one of them" then why would I post my life online.
Am I the only one?

Well to be honest it doesn't take too long for me to see a picture I've taken of these two men and realize that I have to document it.


So even if I have NO computer skills.  NO professional camera.  NO sponsors and NO amazing talents that inspire others to create.... I am me and I love my simple and joyful life and I want to document it so that I can always remember and cherish these times.

Even if it is just of Thomas and Lewis waking up from a nap.  I love finding them in the crib together just being brothers.  Playing "boo" and giggling at each other.  They are starting to wrestle.  Well it is more like a hug and roll.  But they think it is wrestling and we haven't had any injuries yet so I will let them hug and roll all they want.




(thomas is making a heart with his hands.  It usually looks more like a diamond)

*Speaking of cherishing and remembering.  We just got back from St. George.  It was the perfect little get away.  I love going to new places and trying new things.
Pictures to come.  Promise.

8 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

I'm with you; my blog is mostly for the enjoyment of my own little family.
Just recently I looked at past posts and realized how grateful I am for the blogging I've done. Blogging is such a great record keeper!

Unknown said...

Sadie, I lov ereading your blog! I feel the same way as you do. I'm not in to all the fancy smancy stuff. I"m a horrible writer too,you however are a great writer. You have insight and see things from a point of view that I don't. So I aspire to be more like YOU!

keep up the good work!!
courtney

Amber said...

I totally feel the same way. I mostly blog so my family can see pictures of my boys. I also have to remind myself that most of those 'perfect' bloggers just don't blog about the bad stuff. I like to keep mine more real. Life isn't perfect. And I love reading your blog! Keep it up!

Josh & Lyndi said...

I am really with you on ALL this, hence the reason I have been super hot and cold with blogging. But, my New Year's Resolution was to blog better and fill in what I have missed to the best of my ability, because I love reviewing what I did record, and because it is amazing how the time flies and the memories and feeling fade.

And even though you might not have sponsors, you never know who or what you are inspiring. I admire your simplicity and goodness. The way you mother so well... I have read a conference talk over and over from President Uchtdorf where he said a few important things for me that you seem to have down-"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication," and that Love is often spelled TIME.

Glad you had a nice break! Looking forward to your posts.

Your very sincere follower, Lyndi.

Morgan said...

I totally know how you feel! Even on my best day, when I'm not comparing my blog to "theirs" I'm like...does anyone read this? But I like your words. They are profound. You do have a gift with words. And you have 2 of the cutest boys EVER. So.."they" can chew on that. =)
Plus, I love you. And Chancho, I would never leave you. =)

Kurt and Michelle said...

Sade- That is the whole point, our simple lives are for us to remember. I find myself being an awful journaler thus blogging helps me to put my life into words and pictures that I cherish and want to remember! Thanks for blogging about your precious moments it helps me to cherish mine more deeply. Love you

Brittany Rigby said...

I love reading your blog! You have inspired me to appreciate my boys better. Don't feel inferior, you have a wonderful give with words...I wish my postings were as profound. I am glad you are doing well and enjoying your wonderful life!

Kylie said...

I love your blog, Sadie, for what it's worth. You always inspire me to be better and have a better attitude towards life and family responsibilities. I hope I can always check in on you and your cute boys. :)