Thursday, March 24, 2011
love the rain not the worms
it was a rainy day today.
loved it.
love the sound or rain on the roof.
love the smell of rain. and the grass as it grows after.
love kissing in the rain. one of my favorite kisses with Big D was in the rain!
love dancing in the rain. even jumping on the tramp in the rain.
something about it is so magical and romantic.
love everything about the rain... except worms. giant man eating worms.
Not only are there a ton of them... they were huge. YUCK.
Thomas thought it sounded fun to go out and "pick" up a worm. He changed his mind once getting outside and wouldn't even step on the sidewalk. Little did he know that there were even more worms in the grass.
I promise I didn't try to teach him my fear of worms. As a child I don't think that I had an opinion either way.
Until the summer that my family decided to make some extra money and go worming.
What is worming one might ask?
It is where you find a spot that tends to have a lot of worms. You pour a chemical into the ground to suffocate the worms and as they come out of the ground to breathe you pick them up and put them in a bucket and then sell them to fishermen to use as bait.
It definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. I am pretty sure that I screamed every time a worm came out of the ground and who knows if I ever touched one. I think that we only went the one time. Thank goodness. I have been terrified of worms ever since.
YUCK. Especially the giant ones that are "grown" here in Cache Valley.
Just thinking of them makes my skin crawl.
oh well, still love the rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
pretty much the only bad thing about rain. for sure.
you would love the rain storms out here. it rains for a whole day. hard. with lightning and thunder. it makes me feel so homey (and homely?) and comfy to cuddle up and eat something yummy and read a book or giggle with my girls and listen to the rain.
i hear ya. =)
ok, sick those things are HUGE! however, i will agree kissing in the rain is so romantical:)
I had to laugh really hard at this post. I was the opposite child growing up. My family wormed quite a bit when I was younger and I thought it was the most fun ever! I loved watching those fat ones pop out of the ground and then snatching them up before they could wriggle away...I'm crazy I know. But I like worms. And dirt.
Love Thomas's brave self. I have been able to see a little glimpse of it lately with him and Harvey. :) He's so fun! My kids would've been all over those worms. I would've been next to Thomas on the grass.
Post a Comment